Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, fourth day of riding, got a little cocky on a neighborhood straight-a-way doing about 80mph. Braked hard, locked the rear wheel, and then slid into the grass probably doing about 15mph, and dumped her on the left side into a new tree with mulch for a base. The only thing it did to the bike what mar it all up (which was rubbed off) -quick fix- and then it popped the front left turn signal out.
Question, my bike is fine, but the signal won't go back in... how do you get it back in. You guys know anything about it guys? Man, I'm so glad I veered off and missed that brick mailbox. lol.

-Solace

·
Registered
327 Posts
The ones on the rear are a pain in the @$$, too. There should be a plastic ring that goes inside the rubber. Pull it out, slide the blinker back in, and push the plastic peice back in there from the inside.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, can you lose that plastic ring then? I probably did if you can. B/c it's really hard to get back in. I'm kinda in the dark...

-Solace

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Excellant excuse for new flushmounts. Good thing you didnt do much damage to your bike or yourself.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Sol,

If you don't want to install flush mounts, I have an extra stock one if you want. All you have to pay is shipping.

P

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, turned out great. My dad popped the flash housing back into the rubber with no problems. Bike looks clean and only scratched the front R6 sticker a little bit on the left side. But, all is well guys, she runs well, and yeah, I will calm down... lol. Wew, better the grass than that brick mailbox I almost hit.

-Solace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts