Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been there? I'm lookin into goin to a track day there in a month, lookin for a little insight. Thanks :cheers

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Great track, very technical. My dad use to race in the SCAA GT4 class with a '67 Fairlady Z. I see if I can find some pics.

My local forum is doing a track day there Sunday and already did one in January. Too bad I don't have any leather pants.

Try www.halletracing.com for more info.

Also go to http://jweiss.net and go to video and there is a tank cam vid from a guy on an R6.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Stunt girl, Hey, give me a shout sometime. I'm in the Ames IA area and looking for tracks to ride, and people to head to tracks with. Let me know where you've been going and such and drive time whatever.

A friend and i from this area are hoping to get some decent track days maybe some racing in this summer.

We've got a enclosed that'll haul 6 bikes, we just need to figure out where to go...other than Rockford IL (off the top of my head)

Also.....got any reputable dyno tuners in the omaha area?

Post if ya can, PM, or email me

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I also have to add........

It sucks living in central iowa, and riding with 99% squids that think in town riding is fun! :cuss

It gets lonesome and scarey having FUN in the twisties by myself, DEFINITLY time to take it to the track!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hallett is one of my favorite tracks. The track itself has a great layout, but the surface will freak you out.
They coated it with some kind of shiny glaze looking stuff, and the "groove" looks like it would be slick.

You may want to book the hotel in Tulsa, cause there's not much out there.

Here's the link that works..... :cheers
http://www.hallettracing.com/

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
About 40-45 minutes.

You could also stay in Sand Springs, suburb on the west side of Tulsa that puts you even closer to Hallet. Saves you 10-15 minutes and a room would probably be cheaper there by a few $$$.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
You're welcome.
Can you believe the guy behind me (#45) is 13 years old?
They grow them fast here in Texas.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
13 yrs old.......makes sense! In the pic it "looks" like you both are riding mopeds :hammer

is it just me, or does anyone else think it looks like that? :tongue

LOL, JK Tex! :hammer

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
LOL. Definately not a moped, but they are 125 GP bikes.
110MPH would pretty much disqualify them from the moped category.

I beat a lot of 600's and 750's on that bike.
If I could afford it I would be racing a TZ250.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeah, they would be fun thats for sure.

I look like that riding my R6 anyways! I dwarf my bike :hammer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts