Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I'm looking for what size to use. I know that everyone says use 70mm. But what I have seen on the internet they all measure the out side diameter. The halos I'm looking at getting is 15mm thick. So 80 would be about 65mm. I believer that most 70mm halo are about 64mm thick on the inside. I'm looking at getting the retro solution halo's and am wondering what size to get. I like the look of the thicker halos.

Thanks
Ian

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Its personal taste really, check out "theretrofitsource.com" they have all the info in the world about projector retros

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its personal taste really, check out "theretrofitsource.com" they have all the info in the world about projector retros
my question is will the halo fit... the lens is 2.5" = 63.5mm. I'm wondering if the halo with a 65mm diameter (inner) will fit. I don't know if it goes right around the lens or if there has to be a certain space between, etc. If it does should i go with 85mm (70mm inner) or is that to much of a gap. according to theretrofitsorce the inner diameter to their halos are 66mm. So i'm wondering if that 2.5mm difference would be to small/would the extra 3.5mm be to big.

Thanks

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
You can glue the halo to the projector around the outside of the lense if they are 66mm inside diameter then that would look good or glue them to the shroud. There are a lot of variables and its really your decision, the only reason there are so many sizes is so that they fit all different sizes of lenses and applications and sometimes people want a bigger halo its just personal preferance, imo anything around 70mm looks good on an r6 just cuz its not too big and not to small. Hope that helps, i had to reread it to make sure it made sense lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts