Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
It's Time to Ride!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding for a bit my hands start to feel like pins and needles. I searched around on the forum and found some tips on what I may be doing wrong. Example: holding myself up by my arms and not my knees and back, which I started doing. But I also want to get new handgrips to take some of the vibration off. I was just wondering what kinds of handgrips are good and which ones to stay away from (if any). Any info would be great. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Driven grips from motomummy....those are what i have anyway! Love them!

Heres a link...

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
hey man i have an extra set of driven grips if youre interested

·
It's Time to Ride!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool...Are they new or where they used? What color and what is the grip design (if any) ?

Thanks

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
they are new .. black in color .. they are the driven kraton gel grips that motomummy sells ... If you want a little later on I would be able to take a few pics of them, I have another pair on my bike that I could take with them installed .. let me know .. thanks man

·
It's Time to Ride!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need I just looked them up. Are they comfortable? I would assume that they make a big difference from the stock ones. I’ll take them if you wanna get rid of them. How much? $17.00?

·
Registered
458 Posts
if you still have problems after the grips try weighted bar ends.. that did it for me

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
i have had 2 sets of renthals and they are great when new but wear out too fast for my liking. I am thinking of trying some driven grips and see if they last longer.

·
It's Time to Ride!
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How hard are grips to change? I'm thinking of getting a set of grips myself.
I was gonna ask the same thing. I wouldnt think its that hard. I guess I'll find out soon. I bet The Duck will know. :toocool:

·
Wheelie Instructor
425 Posts
not hard... cut the old ones off with a razor, spray the inside of the grips with hairspray (or grip glue if you want to spend the extra money) and slide on. once the hairspray dries, guess what... instant glued on grips!

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
not hard... cut the old ones off with a razor, spray the inside of the grips with hairspray (or grip glue if you want to spend the extra money) and slide on. once the hairspray dries, guess what... instant glued on grips!
^+1 ... Hair spray that's innovative .. I just borrowed a friend's grip glue .. have you had any problems with the hairspray wearing off

·
fun and informative
560 Posts
just ordered a set of drivens from motomummy--should be here by friday. cant wait :nocontrol

·
Wheelie Instructor
425 Posts
^+1 ... Hair spray that's innovative .. I just borrowed a friend's grip glue .. have you had any problems with the hairspray wearing off

no problems with the grips moving, 2005 Ninja 500R, 2006 Yamaha R6, 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 500LTD, my buddies 2006 600R, 2006 R6S (X2), and a whole bunch of other bikes.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Just put my Driven grips I got from motomummy on the other day. Lots better. Still trying to get used to the change in diameter. My right hand cramps up a little from time to time, but it's much more comfortable and I feel like I have a better hold of the bike easier because of the extra thickness. Also used hairspray. Picked up a small can of extra hold at cvs for 80 cents. Worked great. The cashier looked at me funny though.

·
Registered
749 Posts
+1 thats what I hear helps a lot...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts