Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: well ladies and gents i'm thankful that i'm able to type this. i was just coming back from my lunch break. this lady in a suburban (oncoming) turned left in front of me. guess what, she was talking on the celly, laughing and having a good 'ol time. :cuss c'mon people what is so important that you have to talk on the phone while driving?! can you not pull over for a minute? can it not wait until you arrive at your destination? or hell, don't even answer. have you not heard of voicemail/holla at you later?! do you not understand that you are risking harming/killing others just to tell your bitch friend about how you just got your nails done? i could punch you in the fawkin face right now. UGH!!! :rant

·
I'm Gonna Victory!
6,448 Posts
I was texting and driving for a good 20 minutes yesterday

edit: oh THAT's what this thread is about.....

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
In Ontario, it is a LAW now that you cannot use ANY device while driving a motorvehicle (aka Cell phone, Ipod ect.)

I will find the link to the law..

Cellphone ban begins for Ontario drivers
Last Updated: Monday, October 26, 2009 | 10:50 PM ET Comments442Recommend129
CBC News

An Ontario law came into effect Monday making it illegal for drivers to use hand-held cellphones, BlackBerrys and other electronic devices while behind the wheel.

Drivers are forbidden to use hand-held devices to talk, text or email while behind the wheel, or to use portable video games or DVD players.

The only exception to the ban is a 911 call.

"This law is about keeping your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel," Transportation Minister Jim Bradley said at a news conference in Toronto Monday. "We need to prevent these unnecessary road accidents and I believe this law will do just that."

Hands-free cellphones remain legal, and global positioning systems are allowed if they're secured to the dashboard.

The Ministry of Transport said the ban is needed because driver distraction is a factor in 20 per cent of all road accidents. Bradley said one U.S. study found texting boosted the risk of a collision 23 times.

Starting Feb. 1, drivers could face fines of up to $500 if they're caught violating the ban. There are no demerit points attached to the law.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/10/26/ontario-handheld-device-ban-drivers130.html#ixzz0hu94jpwo

Link... http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/10/26/ontario-handheld-device-ban-drivers130.html

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:rant damn you keith!!!

thanks for the laugh. i need to chill the fcuk out. still kinda shaking :cheers

·
I'm Gonna Victory!
6,448 Posts
:rant damn you keith!!!

thanks for the laugh. i need to chill the fcuk out. still kinda shaking :cheers
:cheers

they are everywhere man at least out in CA dumbasses are a little more observant as bikes are ridden year round.

up here its a fuggin nightmare, but I laugh it off or kick in door panels....

but when it happens to my wife when we are riding i am not as cordial.

52,014 Posts
I saw an asian lady a couple days ago reading a fuggin book while driving...
Me too... Asian lady in a minivan...

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,747 Posts
I had an old man cut me off yesterday, I had to go in the other lane to keep from hitting him, Then I put a size 14 dent in his fender :fact

I also almost got tagged by a FedEx truck, he failed to yeild to me...

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
LOUDPIPES SAVE LIVES!!! :lmao

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rex didn't u just have a pucker moment yesterday?
yeah man, two days in a row. this is definatly not good. i think i'm gonna cage it for a couple days. either that or buy me some more underpants. ride safe out there guys and gals.

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
yep, happen to me once... pulled to a 4 way, chick in front of me had her window open gabbing on the cell, wasn't paying attention to the intersection, yadda, yadda, yadda.. So i pulled up next to her, pulled in my clutch and bounced it off the rev limiter.... The girl screamed and dropped her phone out the window! BWHAHAHAHA!!!!! i then drove away all casual like... hehe...

·
Yes
5,487 Posts
In Ontario, it is a LAW now that you cannot use ANY device while driving a motorvehicle (aka Cell phone, Ipod ect.)

I will find the link to the law..

Cellphone ban begins for Ontario drivers
Last Updated: Monday, October 26, 2009 | 10:50 PM ET Comments442Recommend129
CBC News

An Ontario law came into effect Monday making it illegal for drivers to use hand-held cellphones, BlackBerrys and other electronic devices while behind the wheel.

Drivers are forbidden to use hand-held devices to talk, text or email while behind the wheel, or to use portable video games or DVD players.

The only exception to the ban is a 911 call.

"This law is about keeping your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel," Transportation Minister Jim Bradley said at a news conference in Toronto Monday. "We need to prevent these unnecessary road accidents and I believe this law will do just that."

Hands-free cellphones remain legal, and global positioning systems are allowed if they're secured to the dashboard.

The Ministry of Transport said the ban is needed because driver distraction is a factor in 20 per cent of all road accidents. Bradley said one U.S. study found texting boosted the risk of a collision 23 times.

Starting Feb. 1, drivers could face fines of up to $500 if they're caught violating the ban. There are no demerit points attached to the law.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/10/26/ontario-handheld-device-ban-drivers130.html#ixzz0hu94jpwo

Link... http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/10/26/ontario-handheld-device-ban-drivers130.html
Guess my indash Nav unit would be illegal :laugh

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yep, happen to me once... pulled to a 4 way, chick in front of me had her window open gabbing on the cell, wasn't paying attention to the intersection, yadda, yadda, yadda.. So i pulled up next to her, pulled in my clutch and bounced it off the rev limiter.... The girl screamed and dropped her phone out the window! BWHAHAHAHA!!!!! i then drove away all casual like... hehe...
haha FTW!

·
I'm Gonna Victory!
6,448 Posts
I woodnt worry aboot it ay

brandon,

Ill sum up canada for you real quick so you are not missing anything

It is not so great.

You're welcome

now turn on every portable device you have and drive around doing double speedlimit cranking some jonas brothers with the sunroof open and the music turned up so that cars within a mile radius can hear you

THIS IS AMERICA DAMN IT!

as you can tell i woke up in the morning feeling like p diddy

·
2,122 Posts
Bahaha Thats awesome

1 - 20 of 27 Posts