Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a flat tire the other day and i decided i was in need to change the tire (rear) i was short in cash so i waited almost a month, today i was installing my rear tire, i was happy cus i was going to ride again, and i saw my front wheel kinda wet you know like stained with some liquid i thought it could be my stupid dog pissed in it but i went and took a look and one of my forks is leaking, ***** now what, does anyone know if i can get like a replacement kit for the seals and all that or what do i do from here this totally sucks!

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Balls.....that sux man

Call a dealer ship....theyll have a kit for ya...

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
you will need two of each of the following part numbers (assuming the bike in your sig is the one you are referencing) :

3VD-23115-00-00 (guide cover)
5VU-23145-00-00 (oil seal)
3VD-23156-00-00 (oil seal clip)
3VD-23144-00-00 (dust seal)

You will also need:
41mm Fork seal driver and bullet.
A liter of Fork oil (not quite sure on weight yet)
Some Ultra Slick Seal Grease

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Oh, and hopefully it didn't leak on to your brake pads, cause you'll need to replace those too. You can't just clean em off. And those aren't too cheap. :(

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice! thanks a lot DT, helpfull vids as well ill give it a try on the weekend

thanks a lot

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dodged a bullet, it looks like the oil didnt get to the pads

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you will need two of each of the following part numbers (assuming the bike in your sig is the one you are referencing) :

3VD-23115-00-00 (guide cover)
5VU-23145-00-00 (oil seal)
3VD-23156-00-00 (oil seal clip)
3VD-23144-00-00 (dust seal)

You will also need:
41mm Fork seal driver and bullet.
A liter of Fork oil (not quite sure on weight yet)
Some Ultra Slick Seal Grease

hey dt you mean two of them for each fork or just two in total of these parts and it will cover both forks? kinda lost here
approximately how much are we taking bout
any recomendations on where to purchase this

thanks..

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
I went to partshark.com I think it was somewhere around 60$-70$...
You will need two of each part number listed. Total.

·
Squid Killin' Pirate
899 Posts
I would also recommend having a pro do it.... not only will you be making sure it is done correctly, you will be supporting your local dealership and mechanic during slow winter/holiday times.

My right fork did the same thing to me this summer, I don't remember how much I spent. I want to say upwards of $170.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Yea should probably cost you around $70 with oil for the seals, clips, and dust covers. You don't need to buy a sealdriver either if you don't want a slotted piece of PVC with a zip-tie to tighten around the fork tube is all you will need.

or you can use a plumbers clamp(note this one is for 45mm fork tubes)

or a one of these fittings cut in half like this with a some zip ties to hold it properly.

This is the motion pro driver that will cost you like $40-50. Not much difference to the one above other than the construction material.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
proper height of the fork oil is critical.

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Yea should probably cost you around $70 with oil for the seals, clips, and dust covers. You don't need to buy a sealdriver either if you don't want a slotted piece of PVC with a zip-tie to tighten around the fork tube is all you will need.

or you can use a plumbers clamp(note this one is for 45mm fork tubes)

or a one of these fittings cut in half like this with a some zip ties to hold it properly.

This is the motion pro driver that will cost you like $40-50. Not much difference to the one above other than the construction material.
Excellent idea, especially considering PVC won't nick your fork tubes or stanchions. A schedule 80 fitting could probably be bored on a lathe to the correct I.D. for a nice tight fit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks u guys, yeah im take in it to my mechanic who is my bro btw so he wont charge me antything probably, and i was thinking something like taht, using pvc tubing

thanks for the help

1 - 19 of 19 Posts