Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
12,482 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Thats a good coupon but its not the good harbor freight rear stand.

·
12,482 Posts
Keep in mind that this rear stand from HF (with the coupon) comes out to less than $28 (w/tax) - can't expect quality product, but for the price it does the job if you need a stand to do maintenance.
You're right... you also can' expect reliability. If you feel like picking up your bike from it's side after a tumble, go right ahead and purchase that POS.

Granted, the ebay auction I posted isn't the best either, but at least the construction is better and you have less worries about your bike falling off.

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
You're right... you also can' expect reliability. If you feel like picking up your bike from it's side after a tumble, go right ahead and purchase that POS.

Granted, the ebay auction I posted isn't the best either, but at least the construction is better and you have less worries about your bike falling off.
i have the stand in the OP (as my front) and the HF steel stand as my back...both are reliable, and i've heard nothing but good things from others regarding the stands. and the ebay stands shouldn't be your weapon of choice when discounting quality

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
If you're on a budget and don't care about brands then this is the way to go. I bought it retail online as my local HF didn't have it.

Only downside I have to say is that the rubber protector fell off one of the pads so I just duct taped it so it doesn't scratch the swing-arm.

I've used this stand on
08 Ninja 250R
09 Ninja 250R
09 FZ6-R
02 CBR F4i
and my current bike 07 R6 even though I have spools for it.

Just recently I had to take off my oil pan so I put it on the stand and even went underneath the bike, still sturdy.

But of course I'm a name brand guy so I'm going to get T-Rex Racing stands front and rear to match my sliders spools and clutch slider.

·
12,482 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad about the HF stands. I guess it's who you talk to.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I was told that the Silver HF rear stand works great (and it does, I have it) but to avoid the front fork lift type.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have 2 of the HF low profile stands. I bought the paddles and use those on one of em for my front stand. Works great and is quite stable. They do leave something to be desired, but for the price (especially those 20% off coupons) cant be beat.

·
Hard Parked
2,153 Posts

This is the stand to have from HF. It's damn good just make sure you tighten those Allen bolts pretty snug, they tend to come loose. I have a Pitbull front stand, though quality is totally different I love both.

·
Premium Member
35,476 Posts

This is the stand to have from HF. It's damn good just make sure you tighten those Allen bolts pretty snug, they tend to come loose. I have a Pitbull front stand, though quality is totally different I love both.
That actually looks pretty good..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the same one as cj98, works flawlessly, and only paid 30 for it. Why pay more for a rear stand? Front, yeah maybe, but a rear spool stand.... It's not like your life depends on it like everything else!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts