Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
R1 eats my R6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike started making a rattling sound bettewn 4,000rpm and 6,000rpm. I chased it down and found out it was the timing chain guide on the exhaust side. The guide was loose and was rattling around. I didn't think I was in immediate danger, and had plans to pull the bike apart and paint it mid January and I would just replace it then. Today I took the bike out and shortly after leaving my house the bike died. Had plenty of compression and was getting fuel, it lost spark... and when I pulled the cover off to look at the pick up coil this is what I saw.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

The chain was hitting the pick up coil, and ruined it, there were shavings from that thing all inside the engine...

Looks like I have my work cut out for me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have all the parts you need to fix it! if you are interested they are used but still in good shape. had to rebuild mine and got extra parts.

·
R1 eats my R6
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4yamaha600 said:
i have all the parts you need to fix it! if you are interested they are used but still in good shape. had to rebuild mine and got extra parts.
Thanks man, I ordered the parts from Yamaha and got it back together today and running!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts