Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know going from a 180/55 to a 190/50 is a step backwards because of sluggish turn in and flickability but what about a 190/55? aparently they are even more "pointy" than a 180/55.

has anyone tried? will it fit?

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts
it fits

almost all afm'ers run dunlop 190/55's

try to get a dunlop, b/c they don't expand when you get up to speed like every other tire except partially michelin's.

·
Custom User Title
1,827 Posts
go for it

might have slight fitment issues, make sure the tire clears the swing arm/ chain and everything else by at least 10 mm. because the tire WILL expand at speed. pirelli's can expand up to 14mm.

if you are wanting it on a street bike its not worth it. you can't push your bike nearly as hard, you don't need the extra grip, and if anything its going to give you larger chicken strips.

stick to the 180

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
quick question........why do you want to run a 190 in the back on the street?
tyres on sale? ummm lots of twistie riding, AFM-AMA races?
i only know racers who put 190's on the rear,

·
Registered
263 Posts
i was actually wondering the same thing. Only because unbelievably i picked up a brand new power pilot rear, 190/55 for $35. so needless to say i took it. I know that they can be run, i was just wondering if anyone has run them and what they thought about the performance and feel?

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
I know going from a 180/55 to a 190/50 is a step backwards because of sluggish turn in and flickability but what about a 190/55? aparently they are even more "pointy" than a 180/55.

has anyone tried? will it fit?

That is what I am running currently... It gives you alittle more to work with that 180.... Also it seem to last alittle longer but I might be tripping...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts