Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so my garage has been smelling like gas for a week, I checked my bike today and saw that there is some sort of a leak. the thing is, I dropped my bike yesterday at full stop in my garage luckily on to a bag of clothes, so im not sure if its from that, or something else, because as I said my garage has been smeeling for a week, and i figured my bro spilled gas from a jerry can.

here are the pics. i looked as far as i cud it seems like its coming form aroudn under the gas tank... any suggestions?

dont know much about bikes, so if you guys need more pics let me know

Attachments

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
What year?

My first thought would be it just leaked out of the carbs when the bike tipped over. If you want to investigate farther you can take off the tank and have a look underneath to see where it's coming from.

In all honesty I'd probably be too lazy. If you're sure it's gas (and not something bad like oil or coolant), I'd take it for a spin around the block, park it somewhere different, and make sure it's not still leaking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 2006 r6 with 11000kms, thanks I will take her for a spin. it defintly smells strongly of gas,.

thanks

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
That's a different story then. Same year as mine :), and no carbs for fuel to sit in.

It you feel comfortable it might be worth checking out the fuel lines. It's a fairly easy job to get at them. You can take off the seat, the black side covers on the tank, undo the tank at the front and rotate it up (it hinges at the back, you might need to remove the battery). That'll get you easy access to all the fuel lines running from the tank to the throttle bodies. I've been under there before, but only toward the front under the airbox where the coil and plugs are.

There are some videos that show what I mean. This guy already has the tank up, but he starts talking about the fuel lines and vent hoses right away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-8yIFXbS78

This guy starts the video with everything apart, and shows how it goes back together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJEzmbmPxJQ

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Could just be overflow.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
There is still a pretty good chance it's nothing. I can't say exactly from where, but it might just be a bit of fuel that was sitting in a line or a vent hose or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts