Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new 08 Ninja 250 R:

From what the Ninja 250's were to this is a huge step in the right direction I think. I hadn't seen the new body until some guy showed up last night for Bike night on a red one. It caught my attention, in a good way. Just think, a fender elim, a pipe, and you'd have a pretty cool little commuter bike..... 61 mpg! Or you could throw on some race plastics (or leave the stockers on, the bike is only $3500) and take it to the track. I'm not above it.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was actually looking into getting one of these until my dealer told me that he wouldn't have any until the end of July. Couldn't wait that long and he also told me that I would just be disappointed with it for my intended use.

Anyhow, great looking bike compared to the older models and would awesome for any beginner. I have a teenage brother that is dying to get one of these ever since I got my R6 last month.

:D

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
these 08 ninjas have been posted a few times here before. i think they are now pleasing to the eye, and would be fun to mess around on for the experienced rider (commuting, track, stunt) or they are always great to learn on for the newbie. i like em.

·
Registered
140 Posts
fun for a toy. definitely not something i'd ride to work. i'll take my r6 any day. the 250 is much more comfortable but just doesn't have that....you know....that r6 thing.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
...the 250 is much more comfortable but just doesn't have that....you know....that r6 thing.
what, the ~35 mpg thing? you're right, for commuting 61 mpg isn't wanted? i'm confused. i'd ride that to work and save enough in gas money to dang near pay for BOTH bikes. oh well... i guess living/commuting in houston isn't the worst, but dang near. (except cali, i hear y'all got us beat bad)

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
I was actually looking into getting one of these until my dealer told me that he wouldn't have any until the end of July. Couldn't wait that long and he also told me that I would just be disappointed with it for my intended use.

Anyhow, great looking bike compared to the older models and would awesome for any beginner. I have a teenage brother that is dying to get one of these ever since I got my R6 last month.

:D
The Ninja 250R is Suzuki's best selling sportsbike right now. They probably fly out the door when the dealership gets one.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
i would like to get one and use it as my daily driver to save gas money and miles on the r6.just make my r6 a weekend bike.

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
what, the ~35 mpg thing? you're right, for commuting 61 mpg isn't wanted? i'm confused. i'd ride that to work and save enough in gas money to dang near pay for BOTH bikes. oh well... i guess living/commuting in houston isn't the worst, but dang near. (except cali, i hear y'all got us beat bad)
Its pretty bad. I make around $46k a year (which isnt bad for my age) and im still stupid poor. Just scraping by every month.

If i got one of those, i think i would make the 6 a track only bike...

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
in the process of gettign one for my gf. theyre sold ot here for 08 though, have been all season. we ordered one for next year

·
Yamaha Man
178 Posts
My wife has the blue one.....it's fun to play on. Put a two bros exhaust on it and it sounds like a dirt bike....pretty sweet

·
Registered
33 Posts
Kawi you mean...
Hmmm...No I think hes taking a potshot at Suzuki. IE...Suzu's best selling bike is a used Ninja....

:)

·
Negative Ghostrider
169 Posts
is that a mudflap on the back??? WTF! LOL! That looks terrible! Who designs these bikes that thinks that is acceptable? for sure worse than the R6 abortion on the back

1 - 20 of 20 Posts