Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
was my buddies bike, he put a few thousand miles on it, no issues. he lowsided in a parking lot, cracking the stator cover and cracking up the fairings. no harness damage, tail is fine, no frame damage. forks got twisted when the bike slid into the bumper of a parked minivan - was in the rain, bike was only going like 5-10 mph, mini van is fine even. anyhow, now the bike wont start.

- the battery is fully charged, and on a charger when i attempt to start the bike, for extra amperage, and the connections are GOOD to the battery the bike only sat for about a month after the lowside. new stator cover installed. fresh 93 octane fuel.

when i hit the starter button, the bike cranks, but as soon as i let go, it reprimes the fuel pump. EVERYTIME. i checked the fuses, the ignition fuse was blown, so i replaced it, and it has not reblown yet, despite me trying at length to restart the bike.

i was thinking the tipover sensor is whacky. i took it apart to see, and it seems perfect.

the other issue is when i hit the kill switch, and turn it back on, the fuel pump doesnt reprime, i have to turn the bike on and off, which also made me think tipover sensor.

could the tipover sensor cause ALL of this? i even unmounted the tipover sense and held it in place so that it would not vibrate when i attempted to start it, it changed nothing. pump still reprimes after EVERY attempt to start, and wont reprime after i hit the killswitch.

nothing but cosmetic damage on this bike. what the problem is? if anyone can ACTUALLY tell me whats wrong here, i will paypal you some money or send you some parts, or post pictures of my gf naked. really, shes not bad lookin.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update, checking the ignition switch housing switches for corrupt contacts, and trying to hunt down a harness to check the relay assembly.

is there a dedicated fuel pump relay on the 04 r6?

here is a pic of my gf to maybe assist in the effort.

help me fix my bike r6 gods, please.

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
A) nice. :fact
B) i don't know much - if anything - about the 04. sorry man.

good luck. wish i could help - i'd love to earn more pics. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swapped the ecu, tipover switch, cut off the ignition switch and hardwired it to eliminate any possible shorts there, all brand new fuses, swapped the relay box in the tail....

fuel pump still primes EVERY time I let off the starter button, and the pump DOES NOT reprime after disconnecting and reconnecting the kill switch wires. exact same issues as when I got the bike. none of the harness is damaged.

if anyone can tell me what is wrong I will give you money. for real. i will paypal whomever tells me how tofix this pos before I set it on fire gets 30$

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
because the saying "the hotter they are the crazier they are" is often 100% accurate

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Stupid question....Is the Bike in gear and the kick stand down???? Sorry not trying to call you a dumbass or anything, but it happens to the best of us

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
could the fuel pump - or something in it - have come loose to where it won't stay pumping once the starter is cut?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts