Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a little trouble getting my bike to run. It will fire, but it stops running as soon as I let of the start button. I'm extremely confused because it was running not too long ago. The service engine light is on. I have no clue where to start though.

Thanks for any help you could give me.

·
Flying Finn
71 Posts
Fault code 17 is EXUP servo motor failure. It should not cause motor not to run.

I have a similar problem with my 07. It occasionally refuses to run idle when started with warm engine. No fault codes. I'm confused and I can't figure out where to search the reason for this kind of behavior.

·
Flying Finn
71 Posts
My bike has something like 23000km or 14300 miles on it so valve clearance isn't adjusted yet. Spark plugs are new. Problem is not constant, I might need to start my bike two to five times before it idles and sometimes there's no problem at all. With a bit of gas it will run so it's not a problem with switches. And when started cold my bike runs just as it should.

Well, winter is coming back to Finland so I'll have at least a week or two to figure out what's wrong.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a 2009 with 6300 miles. I started to get it ready for the track season and it just stopped running. I got super frustrated with it, so it's in the shop. Hoping I didn't brick the ECU. I tested and re-tested everything electrical. It has to be the ecu or fuel pump.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
287 Posts
my buddy had the same issue with his race bike, pretty sure he narrowed it down to a tps. perhaps check/recalibrate your tps. all done on the dash I believe. you can check the throttle position values too.

could be many many things. fuel filter? maybe you got a bunch of junk fuel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my buddy had the same issue with his race bike, pretty sure he narrowed it down to a tps. perhaps check/recalibrate your tps. all done on the dash I believe. you can check the throttle position values too.

could be many many things. fuel filter? maybe you got a bunch of junk fuel.

That's what I'm leaning towards now. It was getting super frustrating so I just put it in the shop. I drained the tank at the end of last season. I'm thinking I may have left a little in there.

I'm hoping I get it back this weekend. It's the season opener at Tally with X-Act and I've been jonsing for some seat time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts