Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so what happend was that I turned on the hazard lights and they didn't stop. I turned the engine on and off, it didn't work...My guesses are that it's either the relay, or (somehow) the button...Any ideas about what the problem might be? If you know, can you tell me how long would it take me to fix it? Is it a simple job?

P.S. It's an '03 R6

Thank you!! :toocool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahah :D no, i'm not from the US (only euro bikes have hazard lights) :) the bike is from italy...soo....any ideas?

·
what?
907 Posts
hahah :D no, i'm not from the US (only euro bikes have hazard lights) :) the bike is from italy...soo....any ideas?
You may want to consult with your dealer or mechanic.
Sounds like a relay issue.
Most of the guys on here are from the US and our S model don't have hazard lights.
I'd imagine the wiring would be similar to a car. So replace the relay?

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Well not too many guys on here from over the pond. A few, but anyways is the hazard controlled with the same switch as the blinkers? If so can you use either blinker or just stay hazard? Don't think any of us in the US are really familiar with how the hazards are set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well not too many guys on here from over the pond. A few, but anyways is the hazard controlled with the same switch as the blinkers? If so can you use either blinker or just stay hazard?
the hazards are on permanently since they jammed...i cant turn them off, i cant turn the blinkers on, there is a switch like you would have on your US bike for the blinkers and for the hazards there is a separate button (see the pic).

(RRRRRR) said:
it has to be a relay issue, just replace it
That's what i'm thinking of, but is replacing the relay hard? :D i've no idea..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
when you said it was an 03 i was gonna call you a liar til i saw you were from overseas

was gonna say my 03 doesnt have hazards haha

Not sure what to tell ya man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts