Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
05 StuntBike
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40+k 2005 R6 stuntbike. Plan on dropping the motor this week to change out the head gasket, and will post my process and progress as it unfolds. First time going deeper then the valve cover/cams so any tricks and tips would be greatly appreciated. Praying it’s not a cracked/warped head and just the gasket

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Been on the forum for some years and can't offhand recall a confirmed case of a head gasket.

What's more likely is you spilled that coolant while disconnecting and removing the throttle body.
Coolant runs through the hoses attached to the auto-choke which is attached to the throttle body.

A "Block Test Kit" will allow you to eliminate that by testing the coolant..

Liquid water will get past the radiator to the engine when running in the rain.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,588 Posts
Did you check the compression? I hate mud and road oil splashing on my akra stainless headers in the rain. Have seen the steam from under the tank many times in rain. I rode in everything up to 1in standing water for a 65mi wet ride. Nothing like rain pants and boots losing water repellent properties on the same ride and getting to work with two riding boots full of water to start a 10.5hr shift.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
I too have noticed that none of the standard boots that claim to be water "proof" are actually water resistant. There were times I had my feet in grocery bags. (so the boot could be as wet as it wanted to be and my feet stay dry) I think there are some actual water resistant boots dedicated to motorcycle riding. Was shopping for some; forgot why I didn't purchase any. The rain suits with the pant leg straps holding them to the boots help a ton.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,588 Posts
I had sidici life warranty rain riding boots. Bought some expensive brand that so far are waterproof... TCX. Finest cambodian craftsman made them. Lol. Tour master oants/jacket were the best. Lasted about 6 years! Need to get more. But now I have the ninja turtle shape are dynamic as hellllllll backpack so I don't need to worry about hiding it under the rain suit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts