Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Go faster!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally getting back to the track after a little road spill that has kept me off my bikes for a couple of months. Anyone else from NJ/NY heading up to Loudon with Tonystrackdays in 2 weeks? I'd eventually like to set up alternating trailer sharing... Basically so we can swap track bike hauling duties and be able to ride our road bikes up there. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Loudon is one of my favorite tracks :fact, am sure you'll love it, just be ready for a few "bumps"

<--- see avatar....at the gravity bowl last year with BOMO
Really LOUDON a favorite? i was there on the 26th had a good time with the weather and TTD do an alright job with everythingl. SOOOOO much track time but I wouldnt say the track is all that great. I guess I just perfer a track that flows a lil more... Will deffinitely be back to Loudon though... Really only cause its the cloest track to me. Can't wait to get back down south.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Really LOUDON a favorite? i was there on the 26th had a good time with the weather and TTD do an alright job with everythingl. SOOOOO much track time but I wouldnt say the track is all that great. I guess I just perfer a track that flows a lil more... Will deffinitely be back to Loudon though... Really only cause its the cloest track to me. Can't wait to get back down south.

I love the tight turns and the gravity bowl, dont really like fast straights and low speed turns, but really like flowing corners in succession.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love the tight turns and the gravity bowl, dont really like fast straights and low speed turns, but really like flowing corners in succession.
The only turns that flow are 1, 1a, and 2.. other than that the track is all tight turns besides 6(the bowl).. The only line through 10 is inches away from the wall cause it so bumpy. High siding in 4 is an almost regular event from what I hear. Next time I'm there I'm sure I'll have more fun since I know the track a lil better but it will never be a favoirte. Deffinitely very technical! I gotta get down to NJ next.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I only did two days at Loudon, second in mid intermediate pace. There's not a whole lot of tracks that I've ridden, but do like it a lot inspite of all the bumps. And for the turn 10, one of my fav parts especially coz its close to the edge and if you loose it there, you are in a world of hurt.
The line through 10 isn't that bad I dodged the bump and hit the smooth line with a mile to spare from the wall. The track deffinitely does have some fun parts its just not my favoirte. For the price there are deffinitely some better tracks down south. Road Atlanta depending on what group you ride with is a similar price to NHMS but you get way more track and a lil better facilities.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey all... Tony from TTD here!

I am glad you felt you got "Sooo much track time". :)

We do try hard to run a tight ship and keep you on track for as long as your legs can stand it.

As for the track, it is definitely one that grows on you. Done correctly, you will get a "flow" going.

As for Turn 4 and a lot of highsides...that is true. But it's only true if you are off line and doing what we tell everyone not to do. (apply throttle at the same time you are increasing lean angle)

Give it a couple of more days, and be sure to hook up with an instructor, and I think it will grow on you.

·
Go faster!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you guys heading back up to Loudon for the TTD 3-day event in two weeks? (August 16,17,18). I don't know if I'll be able to do all three but I'd definitively like to get another one or two in... get all my technical skills back up to speed for the NJMP days in September.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you guys heading back up to Loudon for the TTD 3-day event in two weeks? (August 16,17,18). I don't know if I'll be able to do all three but I'd definitively like to get another one or two in... get all my technical skills back up to speed for the NJMP days in September.
Ya gotta at least do two days! ;)

That's the whole reason we started doing back to back trackdays... more time on track = less time travelling back and forth to the track.

·
Go faster!
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an FYI... the August days for TTD aren't completely filled up yet... so there should be lots of nice open track. Also, I just heard that if you sign up for all three days you get $100 off your next trackday. I have my eyes on a couple of '07 and '08 R6's that I hope to get my hands on in time to play with in NH. Anyone from Northern NJ heading up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts