Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so my headlight was to low for my flavor at night and especially going through a turn. I looked all over the net and could'nt find out how to adjust the damn light. So being a fart smeller I looked into it myself and BAM my genius figured it out. On the back side of you light is two adjuster screws in the "open". You have one on the upper far left that does left and right, and you have one on the lower far right that does up and down. I set my low beam high and put my high beam low and am going to see if maybe I can rock them both on all the time. Fell free to add to this.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
Heeeeeeeeere's your sign...
lol, he's got a good idea, i would keep the high beam high (where it is) and maybe just raise the low beam a hair. you don't need to see whats under your front wheel at night.

·
Living 1/4 mile at a time
1,143 Posts
Hrmm..... not to shabby.... I think I will be doing that too!

Reactions: GLOW

·
COLLY HOOLIGAN
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, he's got a good idea, i would keep the high beam high (where it is) and maybe just raise the low beam a hair. you don't need to see whats under your front wheel at night.
The high beam has a higher light output thus if you lower it it wont blind all those in front of you. But:YEA it's high output will reach out further than normal but not offensively. The only down fall is not having super blinders when on deserted roads.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The low and high beam have the same output the difference is in the reflectors, take a look at where the high beam and low beam cutoff on the lense. My HID are exactly the same yet the high is focused higher due to the lense not the bulbs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So... Does an 04 have this sort of adjustment? The first owner of my bike had lowsided the bike on the right side, and now the highbeams shine waaaaay too low. At least, that's the only reason I can come up with them being angled so low.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts