Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
R6 2006
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good how to on how to remove the headlight assembly for the 2006 r6?

I dont need to know each bold but which pieces need to be removed and in what order to remove the headlight. I am sure I will be able to figure out which bolts once I know which pieces.

Thanks for the help in advanced.

·
R6 2006
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks you, looks pretty similiar to the 06-07, i was afraid that i was gonna have to take most of the fairings off. Thanks I will be trying this tommorrow morning, let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Thanks you, looks pretty similiar to the 06-07, i was afraid that i was gonna have to take most of the fairings off. Thanks I will be trying this tommorrow morning, let you know how it works out.
let me know how it goes and how hard it is and what all you had to do, I gotta replace my headlight couwlings and I have been puttin it off

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took mine off to replace one that i cracked on mine all you have to do is unbolt it from the upperstay bracket and then take the headlight assembly out of the uppercowls its not too bad once you get it off the bike and dont forget to pop the push pins under the assembly by the upper fairings/forks

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
look up a thread that zac(some numbers) started about installing hids. the process of removing the headlight will be the same. good luck... after a few times, it's cake.

·
R6 2006
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took mine off to replace one that i cracked on mine all you have to do is unbolt it from the upperstay bracket and then take the headlight assembly out of the uppercowls its not too bad once you get it off the bike and dont forget to pop the push pins under the assembly by the upper fairings/forks
I still have to take off the mid & lower fairings right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
well the mid fairings def gotta come off i dont think the lowers do and also you gotta remove the windscreen and mirrors i took mine off in one big piece both upper cowls and full headlight assembly it wasnt too bad

·
Scrapping sliders ....
106 Posts
lower fairings stay on but you'll have to undo the upper fairing as the cowling comes away from it and the upper push pops above the front fender ,

·
R6 2006
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help guys, Duweech your pics were spot on, they worked good for my 06.... hope you guys like the end result. And thanks to JE824016 for hooking up my new headlights :)

Forgive the pics, took them with the storm, thanks again for the help

·
R6 2006
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Youre going to love the projectors... makes a world of difference.
Man you are right, went riding today, got a lot of compliments from my buddies, and they are bright even in the daylight. Love them very happy that I got them done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts