Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one know what these are worth in this condition? The two round tabs on back inside are broke but that is all. No scratches or rash or nothing. I honestly think the stealership broke them off so they could tack it on the repair cost. The front hardly even took a hit. That right lens is a reflection from the fluorescent bulb in the garage not a scratch.

Attachments

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
hmmm, not the tabs I thought you were talking about.... actually you said 1 tab didnt you? LOL. What attaches to these tabs on the bike? Can you grab a pic of the new unit on your bike showing what these attach to? (Sorry, Im a older R1 guy :) )

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
Those are the second mounting point on the fairings stay. If you have the broken pieces, you can JB weld them and use them, otherwise, its not worth that much coz u cant mount it right without those.

There are supposed to be collars attached there that slide into the fairing stay and you screw them and thats what holds the headlights in place. The upper mounts appear to be in good shape, but the lower ones seems like they broke.

Hope this helps.

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any means of repair for the lower mounts. I don't have them. Any one else have any thoughts on this?

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm, not the tabs I thought you were talking about.... actually you said 1 tab didnt you? LOL. What attaches to these tabs on the bike? Can you grab a pic of the new unit on your bike showing what these attach to? (Sorry, Im a older R1 guy :) )
OH!:dunce: This is actually the first time that I gave it a hard look, I was just going off what the dealership told me. Hopefully I can get the pic on the good one without taking it off. PM sent.

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK here is the good one installed. Looks like a metal tab comes off the frame and then a screw goes threw it and into the collar that is broke off on both sides, like was already said. I wonder if anyone has ever installed one without it and if it would hold up? I'm sure with some ingenuity it could be fixed but I have never done it. Here is the pic:

Attachments

·
"Krypton"
1,086 Posts
yeah, I can probably fix it by making some new "pegs" and attaching them from the inside of the housing.... just not sure really.... when you send your good housing to me can you put these screws back in it so I know how far they go in and how much extra material I have to work with?

Thanks
Josh

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seeing as the anchor is still there, it actually looks like you could just use a spacer in between the frame tab and the headlight assembly and mount it. Just my observation though.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts