Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys quick question about my headlights, i want to brighten them up a bit but i'm not goin with the hids cuz i dont gots the money. i was told to put a higher wattage bulb in but will that work? also, waht size bulb fits an 04? what brand light bulb also? i changed the lights in my car from a regular bulb to the sylvania drystar <-- or sumthin like that and the light was substantially greater. should that work with the bike as well?

·
Registered
998 Posts
H7's are you high and low. Don't put a higher wattage bulb in it. The harness can't take it. Silverstars are awesome but I have to change then every year on my car because they burn out quickly. $20 a buld adds up. HIDs aren't that expensive anymore. Have you thought about just upgrading the lowbeam for now?

·
'07 MV AGUSTA F4 1000R
1,112 Posts
Yeah bro, go with the HID's...and you actually CAN go with higher wattage. On my car i always put the highest wattage there is in a xenon bulb and i never had my harness melt...i don't know about the bikes, so don't quote me on that...

But HID's....are $70 shipped...and high "quality" brand xenon bulbs will cost you about $45 or PIAA will cost you about $70 too....so just get the most of your money...and dont' waste it on bulbs...just go with the HID...at least for your low beam...

and i guarantee that it will be brighter than ANY xenon bulb out there!!!! :toocool:

All cars i own have HID system :D :D

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
Yeah bro, go with the HID's...and you actually CAN go with higher wattage. On my car i always put the highest wattage there is in a xenon bulb and i never had my harness melt...i don't know about the bikes, so don't quote me on that...

But HID's....are $70 shipped...and high "quality" brand xenon bulbs will cost you about $45 or PIAA will cost you about $70 too....so just get the most of your money...and dont' waste it on bulbs...just go with the HID...at least for your low beam...

and i guarantee that it will be brighter than ANY xenon bulb out there!!!! :toocool:

All cars i own have HID system :D :D
you must know own many cars, xenon is the gas found in an HID bulb. normal bulbs are "halogen"
op go with HIDs

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not trying to hijack this thread but anyone know any good sources on ebay to get a HID kit, I know xenonrider.com is quite popular but the kit is 200 bucks with the slim ballast upgrade. I see some similar kits on ebay for alot less. Anyone go with one of these kits?

·
Forum Moderator
3,117 Posts
I put a set of the Hella H7's in my '06 R6. Same wattage too. A step up from the stock bulbs. Paid about $40 for the pair at Advance Auto.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts