Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some stuff fixed on my bike last week and now my headlight fuse keeps blowing. It blew once just before i took it in but i know why it did it that time. But now that I got it back it just keeps blowing. I will replace it, theyll work, but ill go for a ride and come back and then theyre not working. My left side flushmount is messed up and is not really connected to anything at all. Could this be causing the fuse to blow? I mean, the blinker was like that before and it did not keep blowing.

Anyone have any suggestions? I checked the wiring and wiggled it around and stuff but idk. Its just super frustrating. Thanks for any help!

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Maybe its the wrong fuse.Check & see if its the correct amp rating?What kind of bulbs are you using.Most xenon(not HIDs) type bulbs run much hotter & overload the circut, causing the fuse to blow(at least).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using a 20A fuse. I believe thats what it said on the lid of the box. But when I first bought it, it had a 25A in it. I just figured it was wrong and not safe though.

Also, what would the license plate light wire look like (color) and where would it be? 05 R6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts