Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help on getting my housing off. i have an 08 r6 and am trying to get the housing off. i have found a how-to for the 06-07 but it seems to me that its a little different and i can't figure out how to get the thing off. any help would be really appreciated, thanks

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
What are you stuck on? It's pretty easy to take off... Take a pic of where you're at in the process

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll try and get a pic, but right now i'm trying to figure out if there is a way to do it without taking all the fairings off.

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well then thats where i'm stuck because i can't figure it out without taking the front cowling off

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
well then thats where i'm stuck because i can't figure it out without taking the front cowling off
you have to take all of the fairings off in order to do it, and the headlight cowling and headlight will come off as one piece and then you can unscrew the screws that hold the cowling to the headlight.

·
R6'ers B4 Gixxers
367 Posts
^^what he said^^^

I took mine off a month ago just to see how is goes before I install my projector setup...gotta take the fairings off brotha!

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you have to take all of the fairings off in order to do it, and the headlight cowling and headlight will come off as one piece and then you can unscrew the screws that hold the cowling to the headlight.
^^what he said^^^

I took mine off a month ago just to see how is goes before I install my projector setup...gotta take the fairings off brotha!
thanks guys, just wasn't sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts