Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had one headlight out on my bike so I went and bought a H7 bulb and replaced it. It was on the right side inner when looking at the bike. When I turned on the bike that side worked but the other side was all out. So I thought that I needed to replace the other bulb and did but it didn't make any difference. :confused: The two lights on the left side (when lookign at the headlights) are out. What should I do next? I would really like to fix this myself since i just had to take the bike into the shop to get fixed up and don't want to drop a lot of money again. :eek5 I am in the dover area and if anyone who knows more about bikes than I do wouldn't mind stopping by one day and taking a look at it that would be awsome . :toocool: :D Any advice of help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So both the lights work when the high beam is on but if it's on to low beam only the right side works

·
Registered
332 Posts
psssssssssst........

/me whispers........"when the high beam is off, you will only have one side lit.........."

/whisper off

Yes, it is a bit we-todd-dead.

What i did was adjusted the lowbeam up a bit and adjusted the high beam down so they are even. And I run with the brights on all the time.

gary

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
psssssssssst........

/me whispers........"when the high beam is off, you will only have one side lit.........."

/whisper off

Yes, it is a bit we-todd-dead.

What i did was adjusted the lowbeam up a bit and adjusted the high beam down so they are even. And I run with the brights on all the time.

gary

Wait you mean that only the right side (both bulbs) will work on low beam? and on high beam all four of them will light up? shouldn't low beam make one light on each side go up?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yes and Yes and Yes.

And people will try to tell you that you have a headlight out too. thats why I "fixed" it the way i did.

gary

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes and Yes and Yes.

And people will try to tell you that you have a headlight out too. thats why I "fixed" it the way i did.

gary

Thanks you know if there is a how to or anything out there that you can buy that would have the two inner bulbs on both sides be low beam and then have the high beam as it is?

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Yes, there are some expensive ways to get it done. The only one I can remember the website for is http://www.palehorsecycles.com/contact.html but I think there may be another one or two floating around the interwebs somewhere. I think a member here actually did a write-up about how he did it too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts