Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
that's not a bad price... i got projectors, hid kit, new dust caps, and a relay for ~$200. no halos. think i got a better level of quality but that's just me. and i pieced mine together.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I dont think it will look that good since, it mounts directly to the factory bulb mount. Therefore it might look as if you have these 2 large things in your headlights. It will probably look worse from the side. But definitely a cheap and easy alternative to the fx-r retro fits. Might look good if someone where to create a custom housing for it .

·
Registered
124 Posts
Those are universal projectors. The light output is decent and better than stock but they are not the best out there.

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,676 Posts
I dont think it will look that good since, it mounts directly to the factory bulb mount. Therefore it might look as if you have these 2 large things in your headlights. It will probably look worse from the side. But definitely a cheap and easy alternative to the fx-r retro fits. Might look good if someone where to create a custom housing for it .
<----- These are what I have installed.

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
Does anyone know if this is a good kit? Both in quality and in price? Headlight Projector Kit
These are not HID projectors. They are projectors that accept and aftermarket HID kit....there is a big difference. With that in mind, no I would not spend $200 for this setup.

·
Registered
875 Posts

·
Shake & Bake!!
2,676 Posts
have you had any problems with the ballast i had mines changed 6 times then got good name brand ballast, that is the only problem i had with the kit the garbage thin ballast.
No sir.. haven't had any problems at all... it's been a few month since I've had the projectors installed too.

·
Registered
205 Posts
No sir.. haven't had any problems at all... it's been a few month since I've had the projectors installed too.
i just order the 3rd generation projector it is a little bigger but i has a better cutoff here is a pic

not sure if this is gonna fit or not but worst case is i have to put the 3rd gen on my suv and take the 1st gen off the suv and put them on the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts