Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright pickpocket, now can I burn it with fire? :werd

See original thread here: http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300378

Now,
Everytime I hold the starter to start the bike, the headlight/running light fuse blows! When the bike is just in the "ON" Position, the running lights work fine, so I thought maybe it was my HID's causing it to blow since they don't power on until you start the bike.

Well, I disconnected the headlights and it stills blows everytime I start the bike. I see the gauge cluster orange lights flicker and then POP, fuse blown, running lights turn off.

I checked all my connections, by the headlight and the taillight, everything is good. Is there a wire that can be grounding out somewhere beneath the tank or something? I didn't touch the headlight area or taillight area so I don't see how anything can be grounding out in those locations. Everythings been working fine for over the last year, even the first few rides this season everything worked fine (Till the Bazzaz shit the bed and the bike wouldn't run - hence I took it apart)... So I don't understand how all over a sudden I install a Power Commander V and my headlight fuse blows everytime I try to start it. Seems soooooo unrelated, and I find it hard to be coincidental.

Anybody? Anything? I'm lost. :cuss

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
I have read a bunch of times the fan power wires being chewed up by the fan causing all types of electrical problems.

·
Motorcycle Race VIP Guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope that wasn't it. Just replaced the entire wiring harness today and the fuse still blows!!!!! (And no lights are even connected)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts