Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I've been thinking of doing it. If i do, it will be this winter.

I will use the running light position, this isn't already drilled for running likghts like on R1's, but you can see where they go.

For a switch, i'm going to order a 03 european left controls (has a passing trigger switch) to make it look stock.

Anyhow, that's how I'll be doing it.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
strobes

sweet i got some red oes for my r6 red/blck but not sure how to do it havent really looked at were to place it but as for the switch i got one from some neon lights my boy was going to use but he ended up breaking the bulb so he game the switch you think that would work safe ??

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Unclear what your asking..........end of your post.

Anyhow, the switch i'm talking about is the passing switch you will find on suzuki's. It's a small trigger switch that is directly inbetween the clutch lever, and the controls. On suzuki's it makes the lights blink back and forth i believe. Anywho.... the european R6's come with this, so a guy will have to get his hands on the european left controls. Could be pricey, but will look stock and way cleaner than some big gay looking switch and retarded wiring.

I'd be careful with red lights up front!!!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
If the strobes are for "show only", I think you can get away with them but if you use them on the street, you'll get busted faster than a hooker at COMDEX. They call it "impersonation of a safety vehicle", or something along those lines here in CT. A friend of mine back in high school used to be an EMT and had one of those little green spinning lights you put on your dash and we used to use it when we were late getting to parties a few times but we did get caught once. Luckily with him being an EMT, he knew the cop and he let us go but not until after assaulting us verbally for 10 minutes........ :yell

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lights

yeah i see what you mean yeah i got some other switch its small an i plan on putting it under the inder tail so i will be hidden but i dont plan on using htem while driving just for show or when parked

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey , i put sum in right when i picked up my bike! i got sum street glows (headlight strobes) and put them right in the lens. i have an 02 ,so i put them right in the top corner of each light lens. u would have to drill a hole in the lens. Works great for me! And i put two more in the brake lens too.
It looks sweet!!!! :hump :hump :hump :hump :hump

·
Registered
106 Posts
OOOhhhh yeah i put my switch right on that little plastic near the trunk lock, under the tail. :FU :hump

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOT ANY PICS MAN I STILL HAVENT PUT THEM ON BEEN LAGGING JUST GOT MY GALFER WAVE ROTORS SO THATS MY PRIORITY TO PUT THE ROTORS AND BREAKS PADS ON

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Ghetto

:roll:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts