Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does any1 kno if it is possible for a 09 r1 projector headlight assembly to bolt up in my 09 r6? I jus bought the 09 r1 for a track bike and i thought the black inlay projectors would look good on my orange/black r6

·
Registered
396 Posts
Does any1 kno if it is possible for a 09 r1 projector headlight assembly to bolt up in my 09 r6? I jus bought the 09 r1 for a track bike and i thought the black inlay projectors would look good on my orange/black r6
no easy way, those headlights are completely different.

you will need to do a ton of fiberglass work to change the shape of the upper fairing to mould around the R1 headlight shape, and you will have design a completely custom mounting solution to hold the headlights in place.

if you want nice projectors, we sell great projector kits for the R6

·
Registered
24 Posts
no easy way, those headlights are completely different.

you will need to do a ton of fiberglass work to change the shape of the upper fairing to mould around the R1 headlight shape, and you will have design a completely custom mounting solution to hold the headlights in place.

if you want nice projectors, we sell great projector kits for the R6
This^^^

He makes awesome light setups, there's a video on YouTube by yummir6 about them, I will defntely be ordering mine from here

·
Living The Dream
3,806 Posts
yup either buy the projectors from a vendor or get fx projectors and do it yourself...they will be better than the ones your r1 came with

1 - 5 of 5 Posts