Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you tried this before? Was thinking of putting a smoked tint on the headlights, but not sure how it would look and more importantly how it would affect the light.

Any reviews/suggestions?

·
where da shrooms at?
2,707 Posts
i put yellow tint on my 50th anni r6. looked great. cost me 70 bucks, and thats a rip off. ill never do it again, for that price at least. but it did look sweet.

i went to a tint shop and they said that you need a different kind of tint for the headlights since its plastic. its not like tinting glass.

·
I heart my R6
463 Posts
Looks cool, but it will most definatley effect the light output depending on the color, and darkness of the tint

·
Hay carajo....
260 Posts
I put it on and like very much. They use a different tint than the one that they put on the windows and it's a little more expensive. You will lose a lot of visibility so I ended changing the bulbs for HIDs and now it looks great. Here are a couple of PICS. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have the removable covers. Makes it easier cause I can take them off at night. Only downside is they are held on by double-sided tape, so its not the cleanest setup but still looks good IMO.

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
http://www.stickercity.com is the place to go for headlight tint. I paid $30 for both lights and they send a squeegee with them. Super easy install and sick look for $30. Mine is light smoke, 20% tint, and it decreases your headlight display by 20%. I don't ride at night, in fact I refuse to, so it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the removable covers. Makes it easier cause I can take them off at night. Only downside is they are held on by double-sided tape, so its not the cleanest setup but still looks good IMO.

Hey man I have the same covers. I took the tape off cause I didn't like the way it looks, And decided to put velcro. Well the velcro didn't hold on as good as the tape did. I went to Home Depot and Lowes and couldn't find that tape. Do you know where I can find it? I'm also looking online with no luck.

If you can find it shoot me the link man!! Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.