Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody come up with a creative solution to the single headlight design. I was thinking about finding some dual filiament superwhite bulbss and rewiring the headlights to have both the left and right headlight on at all times, and have the bright switch control high beams on both sides. Just curious what anyone else might have done.

·
Registered
293 Posts
yea man i think that new one headlight on thing for low beams on the new bikes is stupid. it looks so much better with them both on at all times. i really dont use my high beams hardly at all anyway.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yes but high beams on all the time lowers the lifespan of the bulbs

I agree that the single light looks bad. It just looks like to everyone that you have a headlight out.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
On the '03, I believe the headlights are 55w single element lights so the "high beams" are really just two low beams due to the efficientcy of the projector housings, so I don't think it will cut down on the life of the bulb.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Forgot that the 03s have those projection lights.

I ride an 01

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Perhaps you know this though as I don't. well, not for sure anyways. Do the '03's use an H7 bulb or an H4? It doesn't specify in the owners manual. Just says 55w quartz halogen. I'm thinking it's a H7.

Anyone know for sure?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Dont know if it will melt the harness, but if you get them, do not touch the bulbs!!!

If you get any oil from your hands on the bulbs even a little, they will burn out in a few weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
03 lights

what do the 03 headlights look like when they light up? everyone is complaining them, but i still haven't seen a pic of it. can someone post please? for the pre 03' i am thinking of the 1 yellow 1 regular look. i think that's a good way to match yellow jackets. i really dig the bee/wasp look of black and yellow.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
The 03's have that HID look to them. You know, at certain angles they have that blue tinge to them and then others, they have that intense white color. A pic might be a tough way to get a good idea of them though a I don't know how well it'd turn out. All I know is that they are damn bright. Was out for a ride sunday around 2pm and going around a corner, they cast a faint shadow of the car in front of me on some "danger, sharp corner" arrow signs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't put any bulbs with wattage higher than the OEM (for 03 bikes), I did, and the plastic cover on the very front melted. Now I have a blemish on my running light side :cuss .

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I was just about to ask if anyone had moved up to higher wattage bulbs in the '03 and if they had any problems so thanks for your ESP abilities! I'll stay away!

·
Registered
23 Posts
it wouldnt be hard to rewire the lights so that 2 (one on the left and right) are high beams and the other 2 are low beams......I would prefer that combo.....the advantage to that is you have 2 high beams for day light riding...

space

·
Registered
409 Posts
theres only 1 bulb on each side so that wouldnt work. just ride with the high beams all the time and use the screw on the back of the bulb cover to angle the high beam down

·
Registered
23 Posts
theres only one buld on each side?....I thought there were 4....oh well, its been awhile since I seen my girl so i'll have to take your word for it...

space

·
Registered
273 Posts
My recommendation for wanting brighter lights.....get the REAL HID KITS!!! A buddy has them on his 02 and they're brighter than mine (03) with high beams! He really lights up the road and you can see much much farther!!!! When we go riding at night he takes the front to light up the way ahead for us :mrgreen: That'll be my next mod... :twisted: it should be wicked on the 03 model!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts