Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hmm..
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my headlights won't come on at all start the bike doesn't come on my tailights come on but when the bike starts they flicker and go off and on I have some clue maybe it could be the relay or ballis idk what it is. I checked the fuses and there good so idk. :popcorn:

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,287 Posts
Looks like you have a 2nd gen...check the stator/rectifier for your headlights...when you mentioned the ballasts, Im assuming youre running HID's, with HID's they draw a lot of current on initial ignition (your stator is working hard when that happens)

Now your tail lights, I dunno about that one...

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,029 Posts
Its either the relay or connectors. Also check the bulb. If the high beam works then its the low beam relay. If both dont work you have a loose connection for the main 12v.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,029 Posts
Yea both don't work... Hmm
Fuse 47 is the main fuse make sure its good with a meter. When you turn the key you should have 12v at the fuse box and at the handel bar switch. I would start looking there first. If you have 12v at the fuse box then check the connection at the ecu. The ecu sends the ground signal to the first relay to turn on the plate light, day time lights, and tail. To me it sounds like bad wireing or loose connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.