Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm recently grabbed an 06 r6s with 6000miles, salvaged for $2000.
I've been gathering a lot of needed parts for it.

Anyway it only has half of the whole assembly (leftside)

I bought a right side headlight for an 08' r6s.
When I installed them the 08's headlight was bright blue.
My headlight originally on it was yellow (regular car light color)

I don't quite like the look of it. I'm just here to ask, Is there a way to change the color or would I have to just get a whole new unit? or two different headlights coming off the same year bike?

Also does the 08's headlight differ from color then the 06 or what?

Thanks for any answers. I'm stumped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Hard to really tell but the right headlight is bright blue (or just aimed a little more at the camera) and the left headlight looks like a regular car light might produce.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or really? Cause when I turn the brights on...the right side is the one that comes on and it's brighter.

So it seems like this is normal..Kinda don't like it though. Does everyone just deal with it?

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
The Temp of the bulb might be different. And Yes the High beam will look like a different color when on. If it is that big of a deal to you just replace both bulbs with new ones and the problem will be fixed

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, one last question. I'm seeing a lot of bulbs on eBay. All these bulbs look the same but some say xenon, HID, or halogen. I'm not too educated yet on these names or how they differ too much.

Does it matter which bulb I buy? As long as I get it to fit my model bike?

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Well, one last question. I'm seeing a lot of bulbs on eBay. All these bulbs look the same but some say xenon, HID, or halogen. I'm not too educated yet on these names or how they differ too much.

Does it matter which bulb I buy? As long as I get it to fit my model bike?
Also I would get HID's but that takes extra work to run wires, and get the ballist mounted. In your case I would get Halogen bulbs and call it good

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahhh..Thank you guys.

First question on here has turned out good. I love reading this forum. Hopefully I get to learn more about this bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts