Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seeing as how the r6 headlight low beams are only on one side, i was wondering how do i change it to one on each side. if anyone knows or if there are previous posts, can someone tell me. thanks.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I haven't actually done it, but I would think you could just remove the left light, and change places with the right one. Or switch the plugs if they're the same.
I think I'll look into that tomorrow. Damn good idea man... lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah, there are previous post treads covering this topic, they come to basically two solutions. 1) some guys talked about theres a screw that controlls the angle of the high beam. you screw it one way and it aims the high beam down more. After doing this you will only really have low beams and have to keep the highbeam switch on. 2)the other 50% of people, like me, said screw it and just wait for the next cager to tell us we have a light out. you can probably run a search for the other posts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
if u want to have them both on without having the high beam on , u really can't .... the lens on the h/b side is different , it hase a wider spectrum, and is angeld higher . what u can do is us the adjusting screw to lower the angle (located above the light accsess area) , i'v tride this but it's still not the same , it still looks brighter than the l/b side .... and i'v herd that the glass will crack if u have them on all the time!!! (h/b) ............. dude!! they look sweeter the way they are gives it that racing look :mrgreen:

hope this helps.....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Just ride with the high beams on all the time. I do, it makes sure oncoming traffic can see me. It looks like there is 4 lights, but the 2 innermost are just mirrors that reflect the light. I was told that the lights have both high and low beam elements inside, but can't be on at the same time. It's just yamahas design of the lights. Learn to love it

-CND GUY

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess i will have to try tilting the high beam and have it both on. thanks for the info dudes.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I'm planning on trying to mod my highbeam side with a few super bright white LEDs to give the appearence that it is on. Since LED's produce no heat but bright light (with the right ones) I will not have to worry about breaking the "glass".

·
Registered
31 Posts
I took my bike to a shop so they could make the one side into two sides. i got tired of riding with my high beams on all the time. and im glad i did it cuz it looks sweet! except im a girl who doesnt know anything about the mechanics of bikes so i couldnt tell ya how they did it! :roll:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I thought someone posted that the low beam side has a shield limiting 50% of the light. Being that the shield was almost non-removable I thought the verdict was "it's not worth it"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts