Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever try this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34284&item=4517383653&rd=1 I was thinking bout getting something like this for my Raven R6. But a friend of mine told me that any other color other than White, Yellow or Blue is illegal...I was thinking of getting red lights...IF not EuroDesigns...should I just go with the PIAA or Sylvania Silverstar? Also the type of light for the R6 is a H4 right or is it a H7? I don't know the difference...still new to the scene...btw is it illegal to ride with the high beam on at night? or should I just keep the high beam on during the daylight? Drivers in NM are f^$king crazy...and another thing...wtf is a cager?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
283 Posts
i got some for sale in the sale section there 7100k !!! super plasma PIAA's h7 will fit '03 and newer ,... they look like the new bmw's

·
Registered
234 Posts
off topic: sausage, who is the hottie???

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that hottie is my gf..she rides too..but she sold her '03 Limited R6 last August when she biffed it trying to do an endo, broke her left arm and fractured her right elbow...so she's slowly finding the confidence to ride again...I have more pictures of her and me if you guys think that I stole the picture elsewhere...

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't think u stole the pic...Just wanted to complement on her beauty...Take care of her, keep her from doing stunts and she'll be fine w/ ridin

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!!! :cheers...well back on with the topic again...if anyone got any of the items for sale PM me...phantom I pmed not too long ago...get back with me...

·
Registered
255 Posts
i have the euro turn signals and they are very nice i also have flushmount signals on the side to for saftey[/img]

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
okay first the headlight bulbs, dont do it. those bulbs will melt your headlight housing and/or your wiring harness.

euro running light in headlamp kit from ebay, its cheaper to just go down to the parts store and buy the bulbs and socket. you will still have money left over to buy lunch.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
okay first the headlight bulbs, dont do it. those bulbs will melt your headlight housing and/or your wiring harness.
I thought the bulbs would only melt stuff if they were a higher wattage like 90-100 watts. Thats what happened on my 300ZX, put the blue 90 low 100 high bulbs and the harness melted within a couple of weeks.

Went to the salvage got some more harnesses stepped back down to 55/60 and didn't have a problem for 3 years. Just my experience though.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
z31maniac said:
stoneloco808 said:
I thought the bulbs would only melt stuff if they were a higher wattage like 90-100 watts. Thats what happened on my 300ZX, put the blue 90 low 100 high bulbs and the harness melted within a couple of weeks.

Went to the salvage got some more harnesses stepped back down to 55/60 and didn't have a problem for 3 years. Just my experience though.
well the package looks the same as the one i purchased for my jetta. and it melted the harness and started to melt the housing. if you found a set with the same wattage then i see no problem with it. i just see too many of these bulbs cause too many problems.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OH no...if I was going to get headlight bulbs...which I will after my vacation...I'll either hit up Phantom menance for his PIAA or go with the Sylvania Silverstar...you guys are funny...ya it's cheaper to go out to the parts store and buy the material...but I'm not a DIY guy...I didn't grow up around fabrication...or any of that stuff...I grew up hitting on girls and trying to get in their pants...lol :mrgreen:

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Sausage said:
OH no...if I was going to get headlight bulbs...which I will after my vacation...I'll either hit up Phantom menance for his PIAA or go with the Sylvania Silverstar...
i never heard any complaints on these bulbs.

Sausage said:
you guys are funny...ya it's cheaper to go out to the parts store and buy the material...but I'm not a DIY guy...I didn't grow up around fabrication...or any of that stuff...I grew up hitting on girls and trying to get in their pants...lol :mrgreen:
its way cheaper to do it yourself. whats good about having a nice car/bike that goes fast if you cant do some mods yourself and save some money on the labor. thats money you just saved in your pocket to put into something else. as far as hitting on the females there was always time to squeeze that in my day. LOL!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
phantom menance is selling his for like $45 which includes shipping...contact him...

btw is the hi and low beam the same type of bulb for the R6? The owners manual doesn't say which bulb to use and I haven't taken apart the headlight assembly yet...so is it H7 or H4?

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
The bulb is an H7 and both sides are the same 55w bulb. Highbimmin told me that the "lows" side is modified from the factory to let less light out.

Yeah I almost bought those from him awhile back. But I like to have a warranty on stuff.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wtf...then I must have the wrong info then...cause for the silverstar...the bulb that fits the R6 is the H4..sylvania didn't even mention the H7 at all...well I guess I'll just have to remove the assembly and find out for myself then... :cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts
'03 and newer are h7's ,.... older are h4's.

piaa's are more $$ because of there tech. they only use 55-60 wats , but put out 100-110 wats of light ,..i had them in my bike for 4 months wit no probs ,... my budy hade them in his , and took it to the track and had to put tape over his head lights and they cracked ,.. but was told it would have happened anywase no matter what bulb was used ,...

still for sale 45 includes shiping

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2000 Yamaha R6. I took out the regular H4's and inserted red Eurozines H7 bulbs. They have worked great. The low beam is nothing special but the high beam is very bright. My brother went with green bulbs with his 99 Ninja ZX7 and they have worked great also.

If you need anymore information let me know!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts