Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I used to have an R6...
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 and I dont know If both headlights are supposed to be on at the same time. I dont have any high beams, or blinker juice(12v) please help!
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes both lights light up. Sounds to me like you have a bad left hand switch or wire shorted. Since both the high beams and the turn signal switch are both on the same housing. I would start checking there at the wires and connections. Do you have running lights at the blinkers?

·
I used to have an R6...
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No voltage going to blinkers, fuses seem good, I forgot to mention the bike has an "integrater" kit so I am not so sure the previous owner had the skills to do this correctl.

On a side note has anyone ever changed the entire harness?

·
I used to have an R6...
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Soooooo there are supposed to be two relays for the lights? I have one! well I think I need to get a new harness for this thing. The prev owner had to have the harness spliced together(someone stole half of the old one :throwup ) this is a pain in the arse.....

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
c_hale007 said:
Soooooo there are supposed to be two relays for the lights? I have one! well I think I need to get a new harness for this thing. The prev owner had to have the harness spliced together(someone stole half of the old one :throwup ) this is a pain in the arse.....
:poke

That sucks... Hope you make out with that mess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts