Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone listen to music while riding? i've done it a few times, but the problem is the *pain* when i take my helemt off. the ear plugs from my Ipod get crushed into ear cartlidge it feels really, really, really icky. i'm trying to figure a way to mount ear phones in the helemt somehow as to avoid any unwanted problems when taking the helmet off. any ideas?

-chr|s sedition

·
Registered
886 Posts
well i gues suit depends on what kinda helmet you got .. i got a shoei an i stuffed the chatter box speaker inside the padding and fits really comfortable for when im wearing it .. i also plug in my mp3 to the chatter box and works good ...hope that kinda helps

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm wearing an Arai RX-7. and thanks for your input.

-chr|s

·
Registered
419 Posts
When I listen and ride I use medical tape to keep the ear bud in Plus when I pull the helmet off the padding slides over the tape kink free

·
Registered
144 Posts
You can find some flat speaker headphones. Kind of like the chatterbox set. They work really good and don't cause the pain the earbuds do.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i ride with just one ear bud in so i can hear some stuff other than music. the ear bud is sort of flat so it does not hurt my ear at all unless shitty music happens to come on! that might make my ear ICKY in the case :cheers

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deltaonex said:
i pull the earbuds out before i take off my lid. that usually does the trick.
brilliant. completlly brilliant. ya know, i don't think i ever would have thought of that. thanks for pointing out the obvious answer. ;)

rockin' in the free world,
-chr|s sedition

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
sedition said:
deltaonex said:
i pull the earbuds out before i take off my lid. that usually does the trick.
brilliant. completlly brilliant. ya know, i don't think i ever would have thought of that. thanks for pointing out the obvious answer. ;)

rockin' in the free world,
-chr|s sedition
:cheers

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought a pair of them headphones that hook over your ear.
I then pulled all the bullshit plastics off the back and replaced with a piece of velcro to reduce the thickness and hold them in place. ( The Hook side of velcro ). These fit real comfy and have a much better sound than my in ear phones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts