Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought some nice sony's that fit perfectly with my helmet. Now that I got them, everyone(Mom, cousin, Friends) that have seen me with them are acting like its the craziest thing to do.

I've ridden like 20 miles with them and I like it, I have them loud enough so I can hear my exhaust but not much more. They do kinda make me go faster......

So, do you guys do it? I wont be going to fast <80 and i'm not weaving in traffic.

Ideas.. Iput.. critiscm.. Discuss

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
don't be like me. make sure your mp3/ipod is secured or mounted good. I lost mine on the freeway :nono

what model sony headphones?

·
The guy your mother loves
1,930 Posts
I wouldnt say its crazy if you have it low enough that you can hear ur bike and everyone else.

·
R6'ing
138 Posts
I use my iPhone, not to answer calls, with the headphones it came with because i can change whatever song is playing by double clicking the little button on the headphones.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i just bought these ones for riding
earphones
or riding cause they sit perfectly inside my ear and they are not to big so my helmet doesnt knock them out of my ears when i put it on....i also only put one earphone in, just so i can hear everything

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
I ride with my ipod and some skull candy earphones... the music is relaxing and i dont have to deal with the noise of the wind as much

·
im michael jordan ballin
749 Posts
i do it nothing crazy about it but yeah a song can get you pumping and you will ride faster lol without noticing

·
Just me and my 6
380 Posts
Just make sure you can hear ambulances and such. I had a cop caddy corner from me stopped & headed the opposite direction. When the light turned green, the cop turned on his lights and sat still, so I headed off in my direction, and then I heard the siren behind me and an ambulance came by from behind. I thought I was hearing the cops siren, but he just had his lights on when it was the ambulance behind me whose siren I heard. The cop was pretty pissed, and he pulled me over, drove up next to me and bitched me out but didn't ticket me. I apologized & explained I thought it was his siren. So, to make a long story short, just be careful when wearing them and alert to what is going on behind you as well as in front.

I have a $20 set of Sony earbuds that are 2x better than the factory ipod phones. I found a second set on sale at Walmart for $10, so keep your eyes out!

·
Too sad without 2 wheels.
650 Posts
How about an off the wall post?
I have funky ears. I was all excited that I was going to protect my ears by wearing ear plugs on a 60 mile ride to LA and the ear plugs popped out when i got down the street. I pulled into the gas station and pushed them in a little further into my ear and they popped out again. I've tried using the ipod ear phones but they only work for about 10 miles then work themselves loose. The stupid part is, I don't have big ears. In fact, if my ears were any smaller, I'd look like a penis. :lmao
Do you think those earphones that wrap around your ears could work for me?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Every ear bud i have ever tried on with my helmet somehow works its way out when i ut on the helmet.... i really wanna ride with em but i cant... am i special??? lol. i would probably ride alot faster!!!!

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
Every ear bud i have ever tried on with my helmet somehow works its way out when i ut on the helmet.... i really wanna ride with em but i cant... am i special??? lol. i would probably ride alot faster!!!!
the only times mine came out when was I didn't have enough slack up top (outside shirt/jacket). if I didn't have much slack and turned my head it would pull on the wiring.

other thing is to get a set that fit snug in your ear.

·
Love the ride of my R6!
94 Posts
the only times mine came out when was I didn't have enough slack up top (outside shirt/jacket). if I didn't have much slack and turned my head it would pull on the wiring.

other thing is to get a set that fit snug in your ear.
Just like stated above is the only time I have an issue with mine coming out as well. I use a set of headphones called Idigi from Verizon. Cause I work for them, but these are really good. And if I want to mute the music for a second all I have to do is hit a button. But I ride with slack out side of my jacket so they dont get pulled out.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
I have been using Shure earbuds for a while now and they are far better than anything else I've found. They cost a lot more (~$100) than the cheapies, but they also work so much better that it's worth it to me. They use a foam sleeve which acts just like an earplug to block out the wind noise. That allows me to keep the volume turned down low enough that I can still hear what's going on around me while enjoying the music. A lot of folks spend a few hundred dollars on an exhaust. I spent one hundred on my headphones. My headphones sound better than their exhausts. Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.

·
Just me and my 6
380 Posts
Anyone who can't keep the phones in your ears, go buy a Under Armor skully to hold them in when you put on your lid. It also keeps the sweat from getting into the helmet liner too bad, and keeps your head cool b/c it breathes well. Best $15 you can spend!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts