Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you guys where headsets for like an mp3 player or anything while u ride? i use my ipod but i need a better set of headphones. im using those little ear buds right now cause of course thats the only thing that fits inside the helmet, i might rig something up to wear i can in essance plug in my helmet and have small speakers in the walls... ill let u know ill try it on my 4-wheeler helmet first lol. let me know if you have any ideas

·
Registered
712 Posts
I tryed it with my cd player a few times.....the only problem was b4 it was hard to hear im my helmet due to wind noise....and now i can't hear the music with my new jardine!!!

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i use the creative muvo nomad(i dont know what order the name goes). the ear bud type headphones that came with it suck. so i got the sony earbud style, the ones with the small foam pieces. it actually sounds good, i guess the foam piece insulate it better. although i usually just use it for the twisties or for long road trips.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i use the sony headphones (they're blue w/ silver and the plastic piece wraps around your ear with the bud in the ear). These work great and don't hurt your ear. I can hear the music perfectly fine when traveling 100 mph with my BlueFlame. I wouldn't recommend having a speaker in the helmet, its hard to ehar with gap between your ear and the helmet catching all that wind.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i get what yours saying ill have to engineer it thats why im using my off road helmet as a test dummy. perhaps a small rubber like cone in fron of you ear to in essance "dome" it.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
I use either ear bud style or a pair of over the ear style (the ones that I have are quite slim and fit nice).

·
Registered
629 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
i use the creative muvo nomad(i dont know what order the name goes). the ear bud type headphones that came with it suck. so i got the sony earbud style, the ones with the small foam pieces. it actually sounds good, i guess the foam piece insulate it better. although i usually just use it for the twisties or for long road trips.
DITTO

Creative Nomad, new ear buds, and I only use it for longer trips. Wind noise and my jardine make it hard to hear some of the songs but it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I use shitty ear buds that dont stay in well but I put a bandaid to stick them to my ear and it works like a champ.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
deltaonex said:
well if you guys use earbuds, make sure you pull them out before you take your lid off.
i wish i could find a way to do that, kinda tight. when they do come out a bit and try to take off the helmet. it fookin hurts, feels like some stuck a screw driver in your ear and trying to lift you up. gotta try that band aid trick next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts