Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as you recalled, I recently installed the BF high mount exhaust on my bike on thursdayy...finally after the rain cleared up...I got a chance to take it out riding today...loved the way it sound, got lots of compliments...the only complaint that I have with the high mount system is the damn heel guard...I feel like a retard when I'm tryin to rest my foot on the peg and brake at the same time...like I would have to bend my foot at a 45 degree angle inwards just to use the rear brakes...it's a bit awkward...does anybody else have this problem with the high mount BF or is this just me? if this is a issue, perhaps its something to be discussed with Brian 'bout..maybe redesigning the high mount and move the heel guard bout 2-3 inches back...I dunnno I think it just feels really awkward and uncomfortable...does anyone have any problems with the heel gurad for other systems?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I h ave a BF High Mount on my bike as well and at first it is a little wierd but I got used to it quick and i never even touch the heel guard anymore with my foot. I have no problem braking either. I think its just one of those things that takes a little getting used to, you just need to position your foot a little more forward ont he peg.

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
ya, was a little akward at first for sure but you do get used to it but it would be nice not to have to angle your foot to use the break. plus i always wondered if my boots would melt on the guard since it doesn't sit to far away from the pipe and i rested my foot on it since I would grow tired of having to have my foot at that odd angle.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I don't have that problem, I never use the rear brake.

The thing that is awkward for me is getting on your toes and scooting back a bit when you hit the twisties, then your right foot is all cocked out weird and your hanging off the bike.

Is the scooted the pipe it wouldn't look as good. Look at the Hindle high mount :throwup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.