Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Last saterday i purchased a new 08 yzfr6 black. Just want to say its a amazing bike and i enjoy it very much, Im 18 and in the near future heading out to bootcamp for the Marine corp. Any ways, I was wondering if some can answer a couple question. 1. is there a DYI( at home with some home suplies) to make your own eliminator kit for the rear lights and plate, I know that comes off anyone have done somthing like this before? anyways any help would be nice

thanks, Sean

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
a friend of mine bought a couple of brackets from home depot to make his own,or u can simplify and buy one off ebay for like $20 or $25.if u make your own i would have to ask him what he bought,i forget.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's eas man. go to home depo and get you 2 small L bracket with holes on them. When you take off you hangger/rear light assemply. Just bolt the bracket in two of the 4 holes made from removing the hangger. Then bolt the tag holder to the bracket. This is just a fly by. Let me know if you have question.
Being 18 becareful when you're on that thing. Welcome and take care

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey ,man i apreciate it dude, Also i like that idea. IS there a certain list that you can give me so i know exactly what to get? thanks bro.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was actually talking about this yesterday with the people at the shop, they said the L brackets work really well, but here in VA (like I'm sure it is everywhere else) there supposed to be a light to show the license plate. How would you do that?
Congrats on the new bike!
When do you leave for bootcamp? If you need to know anything about it, let me know:) My husband went to MCRD San Diego, and I was at Parris Island (all females go there), but we all do the same training (despite what some may say)- just a lil mod to the PFT:)
Take care and be safe

·
Registered
113 Posts
For the 08 R6, I'm not sure about other moddel. The location of the holes that you get from removing the hangger are so close to the rear tail light (it also serve as running light) I didn't have a problem so far from my city/state cops. But if they do give you trouble. Just disample the tag light from the anger and double tape it to the bottom of the bike tail right in front of the tag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey cool, Ya im waiting to DEP in, Im waiting for that infantry slot to open!..also, I looked at the bike and im afraid that i may ruin it..i think i can make somthing outa buying parts from home depot but the turn signals? that may be kinda hard

·
Registered
113 Posts
Turn signal is a different story. I use LED from Autozone to make my turn signal light. When you hook you hangger you also have to unplug the connectors for left, right turn signal. I just connected the led to those and find a place to mount the turn signal.
Those were my first project when I got the bike. I did it while waiting for the lowering link to be shiped. The hardest part was finding a place to mount my turn signal. The project took me about an hour with a beer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey cool, Ya im waiting to DEP in, Im waiting for that infantry slot to open!..also, I looked at the bike and im afraid that i may ruin it..i think i can make somthing outa buying parts from home depot but the turn signals? that may be kinda hard
Niiice! Like I said if you wanna know anything let me know! You are in for a good time:cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man I wish I could find a way to just cut and pase my picture on this forum. I don't have a public access web space to post picture. Sorry guys/gals

1 - 13 of 13 Posts