Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Name is Morgan here. this will be my first street bike but i been riding dirtbikes since i was 8 y/o, and im 23 now and i have ridden my brothers r6 and my freinds gsxr 1000 off and on .I am going to be picking up a new 08 r6 this week hopefully "gotta find the best price". 9599 out the door is the best so far. what have you all paid? i also got an insurance quote for 148$ a month for full coverage on everything uninsured motorist low dedduct's even aftermarket part coverage. which i feel is the best deal out there cause i only have my permit as of now. i live in santa cruz atm but i am moving to riverside at the end of the month. just saying hi! anything i should know.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
new ... dam nice well i am paying cash for mine but5 it seems people dont even wanna haggle if i have cash for it. how is your insurance so cheap lol my quote was the cheapest i have gotten so far all the rest were over 250$ a month

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes...brand new...I have notice they car dealerships also don't like to haggle with cash buyers either. I believe its because they more money on by setting up financing, the banks give dealerships points or kickbacks on the amount financed. The best avenue to go is getting the dealerships to compete...I went to the Yamaha dealer 9 miles aways instead of the one 5 miles away. The one further out was more willing to work a deal.

I have State Farm, but I have 2-cars, homeowners ins, and the bike trhu them. I am also married and going on 30, so it could also play a role.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.