Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone. Just joined the forums and I have already gotten so much needed information from all the info on here.

I had a 2008 R6 but sold it 2 years ago to help my jet ski racing career, but due to certain circumstances with the team....I was forced to retire early. So i decided.....I want my R6 back!

Searched around and was able to find the exact same model year and color scheme that i originally had. It even had almost the same mileage I had on my old one. I was so happy with the purchase and I got it at an unbelievable price.

I really wanted my old bike back, so already started buying some of the same parts and started modding the exterior to make it look like my old bike.

Here's a pic of my old bike that i took in a friend's studio back in the day.

Here's a pic of the new one so far:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for te welcome everyone.

:wave

welcome. Old bike looks great. Maybe go a different route for the exhaust this time around :laugh
For sure. The Two Brothers pipe came with the old bike. Going a different route this time.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts

·
USMC-Semper Fi!
582 Posts
Greetings from the Bronx, in NYC, lol. Hey man, I have the same, an 08 R6, with the same exhaust, but as you've seen Im looking to change it soon. Maybe a LeoVince or an GYTR. Anyway, jetskis right, nice, I want one of those. How much does a used one go for? Get back to me, thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greetings from the Bronx, in NYC, lol. Hey man, I have the same, an 08 R6, with the same exhaust, but as you've seen Im looking to change it soon. Maybe a LeoVince or an GYTR. Anyway, jetskis right, nice, I want one of those. How much does a used one go for? Get back to me, thanks.
Greetings to you too. Yeah, jet ski racing was fun, and i miss it everyday, but it just wasn't feasible to do it on my own without team support. As for how much they go for, it all depends on what you are looking to do with it. There are so many different levels and brands out there. I raced a Seadoo RXP-X. You can find used ones in the 8-9k area, but i would hold out and spend the extra for a 2012 model. The 2012 model has a completely new hull design and is pretty much ready to race right out of the box. Mine was an 08 model and we had to do quite a few mods to get it ready to race.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts

Welcome

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,451 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts