Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

First off, I'm a very active member over on 600rr.net as i have a CBR 600 and not a Yamaha. My user name is JonnieR over there. I do plan on getting an R6 at some point. My main reason for joining the forums over here is to get deals on gear and tires! Things have been a little slow over on RR since i guess it's not riding season everywhere (it is for me out here in cali!;):sing:D:nocontrol

Browsing through the forums, i didn't really notice a section to post about tires for sale.... Do you guys not sell tires? In particular i'd be looking for Dunlop Q2's or Pirelli Supercorsa's for my track day shenanigans. I just had my first track day on 2/17 with motoyard at streets of willow and it was very apparent later into the day that my Pirelli Diablo (non rosso) is not a good enough tire. I'm now addicted. Anyways, i will be participating probably a lot for a non R6 member haha. Hope to maybe see some of you guys out on the track!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Ruh roh, Honda scum.....:yuk:

:laugh

Welcome. Do you mean new or used?

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Aloha!!!!!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Har har har!

Used of course man! Looking to pick up a set of Dunlop q2's or Pirelli super corsa's that have their edges still! ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Q3 is out.... and I dont know if I would be looking for used Q2s with the prices of some of the new tires lately.... Have you looked at the Bay Area Rider Forum? There are always tires on there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Q3 is out.... and I dont know if I would be looking for used Q2s with the prices of some of the new tires lately.... Have you looked at the Bay Area Rider Forum? There are always tires on there.

What kind of prices are we talking about? I know they are but q2 take offs are plenty of tire for my next track day. See how much I improve on my next track day then I might have to step it up. Im eventually gonna rock Dunlop gpa's but I wanna get to the limits of the q2 first. I probably can't afford new tires, and my friend has picked up used q2's with plenty of life on the sides for $100 a pair. If someone wants to throw me a bone like that on some q3's I'm down lol.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Good luck, no one is giving shit away...:laugh Especially not to a honda guy....:bowroll

You know this isnt a cheap hobby, right? :fact

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good luck, no one is giving shit away...:laugh Especially not to a honda guy....:bowroll

You know this isnt a cheap hobby, right? :fact

Bwahahaha. I know. See, point in case q2's right there!

I just bought the new handroids off STG. I think I know this isn't a cheap hobby! :thumbs up: plus, only reason I'd not be getting a better tire is because there's no point since I won't get to it's limits! Plus, I need to rebuild my rear shock! Got more bounce then I would have like at streets!

·
Pobrecitos
19,910 Posts
Bwahahaha. I know. See, point in case q2's right there!

I just bought the new handroids off STG. I think I know this isn't a cheap hobby! :thumbs up: plus, only reason I'd not be getting a better tire is because there's no point since I won't get to it's limits! Plus, I need to rebuild my rear shock! Got more bounce then I would have like at streets!

Our shocks are rebuild-able? :laugh..Just take some rebound out you foo...Ohh reading FTW...

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts