Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its actually Van Nuys to be more precise. Anyways, a little background info. Im 20yrs old and I just got a black 07 R6's last week. This is my first bike :toocool:
I already finished my MSF course and ima go to the DMV tomorrow for my license. I woulda have it by monday but the damn system was down:mad: It delayed my riding time...Although I've been riding around the neighborhood without it.:secret lol I couldnt help just seeing the bike sitting there with the keys in my hand.
I already got a leather jacket, leather gloves and a helmet.

Here is a not so great cell phone pic of the bike. The main thing I want to do right away are:powder coat the passenger pegs and rearsets in black, black pazzo clutch and brake levers and 6000k HIDs. I ordered the DDM 35w Digital kit witch should be here by tomorrow or friday!

·
Formerly Stealth Raven
3,951 Posts
sick ride man...keep lookin on this forum for upcoming rides,...should be setting some up soon..im in thousand oaks area..and their are a bunch of locals going to be joining

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a couple quick questions. What is the correct way to turn off the engine, kill switch first then igntion or ignition first then kill switch? Should I use premium gasoline? sorry its just that I didnt get the manual with the bike.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all! Im defitnetly up for a ride :)
Since I got my license today and all, I hopped on the freeway and let me tell you... it was way easier than I expected. The only annoyance was the loudness of the dumb KBC helmet I got with the bike. I had to sell my RF-1000 since it was giving me a headache :( so im looking into buying another one a size bigger. I'll probably get a X-11 since they are supposed to be more of an oval shape. It it wasnt for college I would get an x-12 or an Arai. damn college!!! lol

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am also getting close to 15k mark. Is there anything you guys recomend me doing to the bike as far as maintance goes. I have no idea what was done to it before me. The guy that had it before said he was good on scheduled maintance but you all know how that goes(sellers will say anything into order to convince you lol). So im just trying to be safe and getting the most outta my bike :)

·
what?
907 Posts
Check the manual. It has the scheduled maintenance. 16K is a major one if i remember correctly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts