Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Bike N00b
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps.

Name is Dominick and I'm just a curious guy who really wants an R6. Currently in the process of getting my Bachelor's Degree, so the bike won't come anytime soon. :(

Anyways, I'm not new to bikes though. I've owned a TTR-125 back in the day when I was younger and have gotten back on and off dirt bikes since then. Mostly rec use, but I've always wanted to own a street bike. i know how to ride and i completely understand the ways of the clutch and gas control, due to owning and dailying several manual cars over my life.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. I will be trolling around for a long time, so...............:werd

-Dominick :toocool:

PS: my car, because I'm a car nut!

:D

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,445 Posts
:wave

·
...Slow...
1,383 Posts
Welcome! I'm in central PA

·
Bike N00b
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Bike N00b
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Bike N00b
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts
Welcome from North East PA.

"It just doesn't matter"

·
Bike N00b
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Ow ,NuckenFuts
1,075 Posts

·
Bike N00b
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Question for the veterans: when I do get a R6, whenever that may be, I would like it to be loud and lowered. From what research I've done on the site, is it really worth it to have the bike lowered? Or is it really just for shorter people?

And as far as loudness goes, straight piped is bad for the engine, that I know. Do slip on exhausts really do anything? Or is it better to get a new header?

Thanks in advance

·
Bike N00b
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts