Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi peeps! im a newbie here. Currently i am based here in Qatar (site of the first round of motogp and WBSK) but i am originally from the Philippines.

I have a 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 but my bike is relatively new as it came out of the showroom just last April 2008.

The mods are... Vortex Race Pedals, R & G sliders, R & G fender eliminator, Vortex brake levers, Fabri smoked wind db wind screen and a couple of simple mods in it.

I joined this forum to know more about my bike and get to know all you R6 fanatics out there.

Godspeed and Safe riding to all!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 05r6 Raven and Paytheon.

been browsing a lot since i joined and i am really enjoying it here. been learning a lot also about my bike.

just a quick question for you guys... the stock tire of my R6 is 180x55 (rear)... and I intend to replace it with semi slick tires very soon... do you think its ok for me to change my rear tire to 190x50? TIA for the help..

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks 05r6 Raven and Paytheon.

been browsing a lot since i joined and i am really enjoying it here. been learning a lot also about my bike.

just a quick question for you guys... the stock tire of my R6 is 180x55 (rear)... and I intend to replace it with semi slick tires very soon... do you think its ok for me to change my rear tire to 190x50? TIA for the help..
simply curious - why do you want a 190 rear tire on your six?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
simply curious - why do you want a 190 rear tire on your six?
thanks for the question... coz the guys im riding with here are telling me to change my tires to a 190... some of them are riding 600s and some liter bikes but they all use 190 semi slick (pirelli).. but i have doubts on putting a 190 on my rear... i feel comfortable on my 180 rear though its a bit slippery since it is stock so i intend to just change it to a 180 semi slick. im excited on my first track day on Losail International Circuit this October and a bit scared i suppose so i want to take as much precaution i can...

hoping for your inputs...

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
hello and welcome to the site.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Sup mang! Welcome! :wave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts