Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Like anything else that's associated with sport bikes, this forum is far better than any Canadian site I've found. I love it !! I've got a 2004 R6 that I race (don't ride on the street) and similar to the forum problem is the availability of race/aftermarket parts up here. So I've resorted to buying ALL of my parts out of the US on E-bay. The only parts/supplies that I buy up here is oil and filters.

I've got a full Yosh, steering damper, PC 3, full race body, 520 conversion and velocity stacks all on their way to my US shipping address (in Walhalla, ND - I'm only 1.5 hours from the Cdn/US border). Parts up here cost at least another 30% compared to what I pay for the same part out of the US !!

On another note, I'm proud of what the US military is doing out in the Middle East. If certain individuals in the Canadian government weren't such a bunch of pus*ies, I think we should be out there too. At least you've got Tony Blair helping you out. Anyway, I hope you can round up all of those nasty as*holes out there !! Keep up the good work.

Keep 'er on two wheels (or at least one)....

Allan

:cheers

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Welcome to the site Allan. Thank you for the support of our military in the mid east. It's good to hear someone speak up about that side of their opinion rather than slamming President Bush all the time.
I realize there are people who don't see things the same as other people, but I'm happy that people realize these soldiers are doing their jobs, and need support.

Anyhow, you sound like an experienced rider, and me being a former road racer also, I look forward to hearing your opinion on such topics.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
R6#319 said:
On another note, I'm proud of what the US military is doing out in the Middle East. If certain individuals in the Canadian government weren't such a bunch of pus*ies, I think we should be out there too. At least you've got Tony Blair helping you out. Anyway, I hope you can round up all of those nasty as*holes out there !! Keep up the good work.

Keep 'er on two wheels (or at least one)....

Allan

This is one canadian I think I like....finally someone who understands what is going on in the world. welcome to our hell and have fun. post some pics of that bike and let us know how you do in your races.....we like that shit.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey TexasR6 + Rsixxr

I'm a Fire-fighter with the city and I was in college (training) when the 9/11 attacks happened. I can't believe some of the bullsh*t everywhere about people saying that the US shouldn't be in the Middle East ??? I'm glad someone's got the balls to go over there and kick some ass !! You can't kill thousands of innocent people and expect that no action will be taken against you. What the hell is that all about ? I'm not the biggest country music fan, but Daryl Worley says it best in "Have you forgotten". I am however, saddened to hear about the losses that the US military has suffered, I don't think that the people serving in Iraq really know how valuable a service they are providing. I am thankfull for what the US has (and is) doing in the Middle East, I am also very proud of the men and women who risk their lives on a daily basis to clean up the scum of the earth.

GO USA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you race anymore Texas ? I've been racing since '95, I had a bit of a break from '98 to '03. In '97 I bought a new GSXR 600 specifically to race, then during the first weekend in '98 I highsided at approx. 110 mph. I was 3/4 of the way through fifth gear. hard on the throttle when the rear end let go on me. My GSXR was in really rough shape, I had to take a break from racing after that one. I would have bought an R6 in '98, but as you know it wasn't in production yet. Here's a list of the bike's I've had :

'81 Yamaha Midnight Maxim, '86 FZ 750, '91 FZR 600, '97 GSXR 600, '91/'96/'00/'01/'02 CR 250's, '00 CBR 600, '04 R6 - My favorite !!!

I bought my '04 R6 on May 2nd from a dealership that's 800 miles away, hauled it back home in the back of my truck (got to take it home in the crate !!). I put 600 miles on it in 3 days, then on the May 7th I took all of the body off, put a dented gas tank on it ($7.50 - thank-you E-bay), drilled it, wired it and took it to the track. I didn't have ANY bodywork on it at all, nothing, not one piece of plactic. The bike was totally stock otherwise, and it was AWESOME !! I dyno'd it last weekend (May 22nd) and it made 101.4 rwhp, I can't wait to see what it'll make when I put the PC3, full Yosh, and Factory Pro stacks in it !!! It'll be really nice to have a full set of bodywork on it too. I'm also having the forks re-valved/shimmed and new .9 springs put in. It's gonna feel like a totally different bike..

Take care guys + keep the rubber side down !!
AL

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i wish i could have seen your runnin around the track on a naked bike. i would have laughed at you... and $7.70 for a dented tank....i'll have to remember that when i go to the track for the first time towards the end of the summer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never mind, I was able to pass our Expert #1 plate holder (has been #1 for 8 years) and lead him around for 7 laps before I had a brain fart and left the door wide open. He was on his '03 R6 which was geared, piped, had a thinner head gasket, and degreed cams. He couldn't pull on me down the straights HA !!! Just wait untill I get my bike "race ready".

My bike did however look kinda dumb, looked like it could have been in the old Mel Gibson movie "Mad Max". I couldn't figure it out, but people were looking at me kinda funny while I was running around the pits belting out Tina Turner's "Thunder-dome" at the top of my lungs ?

:hammer

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do yourself a favor and ask what a new tank is worth the next time you're at your local Yam shop. The tank that I bought was pretty hammered, so I took a broom handle and a hammer and pounded out the really big dents. It looks kinda like oatmeal, but it doesn't leak and I don't have to worry about denting my minty factory tank. $7.50 is well worth it !!

AL

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
hahaha that was a great visual image...they were probably all thinking "look at this pussy"....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks penfold !! I've got a buddy who runs a performance shop out of Minneapolis ( http://2kmotorsports.tripod.com/ ) , he's doing my suspension work and supplying me with the stacks. He'd mentioned the stops, but I've spent almost $1500 in the past two weeks on performance/race parts. I've got to draw the line somewhere, my wife isn't too crazy about eating Kraft Dinner for the next 6 months so I'll have to wait on the stops.

I think I'll go with the stops once I get the cams degreed and put a thinner head gasket in. When I get to do that will depend on when I can find enough work on the side to pay for that stuff, but it definetly WILL happen... Hehehehe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts