Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Tommy, and I am new to this forum. I recently got my dream bike, it's a 2002 R6 blue and white and it is in excellent condition. The previous owner never rode it and only put 4000 miles on it, so basically the thing is new. It's been my dream bike ever since they came out in '99, AND I GOT ONE!

Anyways, I have a friend who has a 2001 R6 with 40k on the clock and we are going through the whole Stator/Regulator/Battery problem with that bike. Waiting for a new regulator plug and it should be fixed.
*How much should I expect to go through the same thing with my bike?
*Is there any preventative measures I can take to avoid it, like relocating the regulator?

I live in Hawaii, and I got a excessive speeding ticket the other night. I was going 83 in a 45, so it's not good.
*Is there anyone from Hawaii here?
*What should I do?
I know that I am in the, got to get an attorney realm, *does anyone from Hawaii know the attorney to get?
In California there was a guy named the ticket guy, I'm looking for the same type of guy out here.

So, thanks for reading and ride safe.

Tommy

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
You can extend the wires on the rectifier and relocate it. It gets hot, that melts the plug, then it grounds out really melting the plug, and most likely the stator also. Also, when you extend it, you can use female connectors and dielectric grease. It holds up better than the stock plug does. If I was your buddy, I wouldn't have gotten the plug. The link in my signature has pics of what I did. I left it in the stock location.

I would just stick it out and see what happens. It will go bad eventually, but it's easy to take care of.

And regarding your ticket, I always get a shit ton of letters in the mail from lawyers after I get a ticket. It's overwhelming actually. There's no shortage of lawyers around these days, that's for sure.

Post pics of your bike also.

And welcome :wave

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can extend the wires on the rectifier and relocate it. It gets hot, that melts the plug, then it grounds out really melting the plug, and most likely the stator also. Also, when you extend it, you can use female connectors and dielectric grease. It holds up better than the stock plug does. If I was your buddy, I wouldn't have gotten the plug. The link in my signature has pics of what I did. I left it in the stock location.

I would just stick it out and see what happens. It will go bad eventually, but it's easy to take care of.

And regarding your ticket, I always get a shit ton of letters in the mail from lawyers after I get a ticket. It's overwhelming actually. There's no shortage of lawyers around these days, that's for sure.

Post pics of your bike also.

And welcome :wave
Thanks ChiefSmokeDawg and everyone else. I am going to town today to go meet a lawyer that got my friends excessive speeding ticket dropped down to a speeding ticket, so I will let everyone know how that goes.

I will post some pics of my bike soon.

Thanks, Tommy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts