Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just got my 08 R6 yesterday and managed to put 200 miles on it. I’m new to Yamaha and I’m loving it so far.

Quick back ground on my motorcycle progression;

- Got my first bike in 1999 it was an Aprilia RS50, and yes that’s 50cc. Got to start some where right. That bike got me started in this whole ordeal. Changed the head to 88cc did a sprocket change and enlarged the carb, did it all my self too. But soon I realized that this bike was not enough any more so I sold it.

- Then got a 03 Suzuki SV650S, this was my first real big boy bike. Got into the blinging things, you know the unnecessary do dads which dose nothing for the bike. Started to stunt the bike it until I high sided from a second gear rolling burn out at 45mph. Saw all my blinging stuff get thrown off my bike, then I said no more of this crazy riding. Put my bike back together with the good stuff and got into track days. Dialed the bike in as much as I can until I realized that this was not enough bike any more so I sold it.

- Then in 05 got my Kawasaki ZX6R, this bike had all the things I wanted in a bike for trackdays, slipper clutch, radial mounted calipers, inverted front forks and under tail. I thought this was the bike that I was going to keep forever until I read about the 08 R6.

So traded my beloved ZX yesterday, now I got to start the whole modding out thing again. This hobby is such a money pit.

Sorry to waste your time reading this, just venting alittle since I now got to work overtime to pay for my R6. In fact I at work right now, doing nothing but looking for parts to buy.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will love your R6. :D

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
hello and welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts