Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie :) :wave

Name is Leon, live in Irving(Las Colinas) Texas and am planning on taking a class then getting a R6.

Its only recently I've thought about getting a bike, never accrued to me before, but 2 of my best friends ride. One has a 03 R6 and the other a 03 R1(that got stolen :'( ) but anyways on a trip down to Austin one weekend there were 10 guys on bikes and me in the car carrying the luggage and I now I have this huge passionate urge to join the crew.

Anyone here from Dallas or Irving?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
what up??? GET ONE!!! I was in your shoes for a while. All my boys rode and I was still in a car. You'll have that itch forever until you give in and scratch it. And the R6 is the only way to go.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Welcome!
I am in Plano, so basically, yeah, we are in the same town! LOL

You can't beat the R6. I have alot of buddies that do the bike nights around here, and tons that rode all the time. I thought I was doing good in my big jeep, with the top off, BUT...they proved me soooo wrong! Nothing beats the feel of raw power, the looks, the chicks :) and let me tell ya...DFW is a good place to be on a bike!!! :) That is, if you are liking the "attention" and social scene...

·
Registered
318 Posts
:worship

Thats ALL you gotta do!!!

Thats a nice pic.. oh wait I have one of those sitting in my garage :hump

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
whats up Leon! I say go for it. Take the course, repsect the bike and its ability and have a frickin blast! And pick up some chics for me and when you hit it, donkey punch her and tell her Penfold said it was ok to do!

·
Registered
953 Posts
welcome!

i keep hearing about bikes being stolen. how? does the lock on the handle bar not doing anything? you would really have to yank that shit apart to make it driveable.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
you just pick it up with a buddy and throw it in the back of your truck. steering lock defeated. disc lock defeated. parted out and sold on fleabay. done deal.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
penfold said:
whats up Leon! I say go for it. Take the course, repsect the bike and its ability and have a frickin blast! And pick up some chics for me and when you hit it, donkey punch her and tell her Penfold said it was ok to do!
man u are a mean bastard.

WELCOME leon, i live in tyler but plan on headin that direction ever so often to ride with quite a few guys. i think theres like 10 or so people on this forum from the DFW area. :cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool cool thx all for the welcome :) well I'm sure it will be a bit before I ride with any of yall or my friends in the streets, definatly will take my time with it :)

yeah I gotta make a budget now for gear etc etc... then the question will be Blue or Silver leaning on Silver right now

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
Welcome, yeah get the blue. It will make mine and others Silvers just that more special! :hump

Listen to most of these guys, they have good advise. Another tip, easy on the throttle, its touchy if you buy new!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, get blue. They put some kind of pheramone addative in the blue paint it to make it attract more chicks

:cheers :hump

:worship

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well been calling around lately and come to find out the Sliver with the Flames was a limited edition color and Yamaha only gives to the dealers a certian amount a year :'(

But my 2nd choice Blue is still sexy ;)

just faxed over my app..... ^_^ going over to Central Yamaha in Plano saturday with a buddy of mine that has been riding for 10+ years(currently has the blue 03) to ride it back for me. (Ain't getting on no damn Highway just yet ;)

ooooo damn it I wish it was friday already!

·
Registered
963 Posts
they only give a certain number of silvers to dealers? man, all the dealerships I went to had nothing but silvers. It took me a while to get the blue...

there's a place up in LA that specializes in customizing bikes -- chroming everything, painting it a different color, etc.

it's too bad you live in texas...

well at least it's not as bad as NY or CT where you can't ride all year round...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Ed,

Where is this place in LA that does all the customizing. I'm from Calabasas, about a 30 min drive to the city. Thanks.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Asuh, if you live in calabasas, then you're really close to the place.

The place is called Ryde or Die (formerly Ruff Ryders).

6734 Reseda Blvd, Unit 6&7
Reseda, CA 91335

818 345-0685

If you want to take a look at some of their work, take a look at the latest issue of Super streetbike magazine. I think they also customized some of the bikes for that god-awful movie, Biker Boyz.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
Ed said:
they only give a certain number of silvers to dealers? man, all the dealerships I went to had nothing but silvers. It took me a while to get the blue...

there's a place up in LA that specializes in customizing bikes -- chroming everything, painting it a different color, etc.

it's too bad you live in texas...

well at least it's not as bad as NY or CT where you can't ride all year round...
i dont know why its too bad hes in texas, theres about 20 places in the DFW area im sure that do bike paint jobs and custominzing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts