1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
cant get this fuggin oil filter off
nut is stripped
tried the screw driver.. no luck

EDIT: so i finally got it off,, called a couple buddies, thanks to evan, danny and sean went to O' Riley's 4 times, no luck with any sort of tool, so evan pulled a screwdriver hammered that btich from the bottom side up, and turned it as i leaned the bike oppostie the kick stand (carefully:secret) so he had more room to play with.

last people to do the oil change, decided that oil changes were a one time thing so they went a head and tightened that thing to a torque of "holy siht" :eek5

Attachments

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I use a channel lock style oil filter wrench when that happens. Looks like a big set of pliers. Sell them at most auto parts stores for like $10 and very nice to have.

·
Registered
33 Posts
you could get a really big Phillips head screwdriver, puncture it through the middle, and unscrew it that way. i had to do it on mine one time.

·
Registered
94 Posts
save yourself the headache, go buy an adjustable oil filter wrench, spray some wd40 to clean off the oil around the filter put it on and twist it off works every time. I use the non strap wrench kind, the strap can be annoying, and get one that uses a socket drive to twist.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Go buy a cheap over the end plastic oil filter wrench (like $5) and drill two pilot holes through it then put it on the filter and drill two pilot holes through the filter and put some screws in the holes and use glyphs socket wrench to turn the filter wrench. Works like a charm with minimal mess.

·
Lets RIDEEEE!!!!
506 Posts
Damn bummer! Screw driver should work. Not trying to threadjack here but some people have been telling me that I might need a new crushwasher when I replace my oil filter on my 02 is this true??!!!

·
YAMMY BEAST!
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks again guys, the screwdriver method FTW!!!
check out the updated pics on the aftermath
guess the last person to do the oil change, thought it was
a one time thing, :curse
and torqued that siht up to god knows what, in the process stripping the nut

after 4 hours and some additional help we got it off, and
proceeded to finish the oil change..

heres to anyone else that has had problems, and felt so happy after
it was resolved :cheers

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts